Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: C5500 TopKick 4x4 Crew Cab Build

Looks really good, the doors are easy to adjust, easier than stuff you've already done for sure! I fell in love with the Kanab, Coral Dunes area a couple of years ago on a drive to Phoenix, always said we'd return. Is there a lot of land that is open in the area? We are heading to Moab for EJS this year, taking 2-3 days to get there, spend a week, 2-3 days home. I'm going to show the kids the area, bringing the mountain bikes for a few days of mountain biking, maybe should bring the dirt bikes instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Looks really good, the doors are easy to adjust, easier than stuff you've already done for sure! I fell in love with the Kanab, Coral Dunes area a couple of years ago on a drive to Phoenix, always said we'd return. Is there a lot of land that is open in the area? We are heading to Moab for EJS this year, taking 2-3 days to get there, spend a week, 2-3 days home. I'm going to show the kids the area, bringing the mountain bikes for a few days of mountain biking, maybe should bring the dirt bikes instead?
    While Utah has tons of dirt roads, a lot of them require a street-legal designation. IMHO, the Moab area is not the best for younger riders due to limited choices. However, there's tons of great riding in the "Swell" to the west, and it doesn't take long to get there from Moab. But we tend to bring both mtn. bikes and dirt bikes, so we can do both. PM me if you want more intel. I can get you some great beta for your trip!

can you adopt me???

just kidding, love this thread/build. waaaay beyond my capabilities but filled with fantastic ideas and creativity. may sound crazy but I think the dust devil is one of the best ideas on this, dirt is a major problem for me and this idea is brlliant.

Quote Originally Posted by gconnell View Post
    just kidding, love this thread/build. waaaay beyond my capabilities but filled with fantastic ideas and creativity. may sound crazy but I think the dust devil is one of the best ideas on this, dirt is a major problem for me and this idea is brlliant.
    Having "central vac" has indeed been one of the things I've appreciated most. It is surprisingly easy to keep the rig clean. The central vac and dust pan are a big part of that. Also key is the slide-out "patio", which provides plenty of room for my crew and guests to take off their shoes, as well as the placement of the bathroom in-line with the entrance, so dirt never gets tracked through the rest of the rig. Add to that finishes that can all be wiped down without worry, and it makes keeping clean a snap.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    Mine were done custom by Reico using 2.5" square tubing with 28" drop legs. The guy to talk to there is Doug Bakker. Just tell them what you want, pay the $$$, and they'll make it. Mine are actually too short now with the new truck, so I'm having another set made.
    Do you have pictures of these jacks? I started digging through the thread to find some but there's a lot to go through.
    06 Ram 3500 QC-LB, multi-purpose rig
    06 Starcraft Pine Mtn slide in pop up truck camper
    96 Jeep XJ 33's, long arm, trail rig and rock crawler
    76 Scout II, project in pieces
    09 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (wife's ride)

Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364