Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: C5500 TopKick 4x4 Crew Cab Build

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeed View Post
    How are you liking the 395/85/20 XZL's? How many miles do you have on them. I have a 4x4 international as well looking for tire opinions!
    So far, so good, with about 3500 miles on them. They're quieter than I thought they'd be on the pavement, and they've been great off-road. Mine are on Hutchinson wheels, which required some minor machining and spacers for the rear to deal with the offset issue.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
    Headed south with the family this past week. Late departure, all lit up before rolling out:

We camped in the Grand Staircase, off Cottonwood Road that connects UT12 to Big Water/Kanab on 89. First stop was Grosvenor Arch.

Unhooking the trailer in order to pull forward for slide out deployment. In usual fashion, we setup a central basecamp, then buzzed around on the dirt bikes for day trips. Amazingly warm and dry- too dry. We were walking down slot canyons that are normally flowing this time of year without getting our feet wet.

I continue to be impressed with the off-road capabilities of the 7400. My only complaint so far is wind noise from the forward doors at highway speeds. We drove home in a stiff headwind and it's became obvious that I've got adjust the hinges on the forward doors to get a better seal. Unfortunately, I'm clueless about how to go about it, so unless someone on the forum has some experience with these doors, it'll probably be a trial and error ordeal.

Your rig is SICK. My first build (which was recent) is this: http://www.hautgroup.com/landroamer/

My second build will be a ground up build like yours. Well done.

Derrick

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566