Lifetime trailer @ costco

blazinid

Adventurer
Costco is selling a "Jumping Jack" type trailer. Price still seems a bit steep to me at $3500. The Jumping jack uses a canvas tent while this one looks to be nylon.

Attachments

• 533713LL.jpg
    533713LL.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,019

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Costco.com offers a MUCH greater variety of products than Costco.ca, but we can still use our membership cards down in the U.S.
I wonder if they will sell this product at the Canadian stores?

Otherwise, this would be a great option for me and my family and a really nice price. :D

Errant

Explorer
"Inside Trailer Dimensions: 81" L x 55" W"

so I'm guessing total on the top platform at about 5x7?

Superu

Explorer
Looks like a bit of competition for the Coleman Switchback. I like the functionality of a quick setup nylon tent like this, but $3500 seems a bit much for what is essentially a bare bones utility trailer with an average tent added on.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I'd say you could build it out of a TSC trailer and a custom tent for around 2000.00. The trailer can't be no more than 750.00 and replacement pop canvas goes 1200.00 or so and that would be a lot higher quality than the tent on that one.

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Damn Costco!!!
So, being a Costco member based in Canada I cannot order ANYTHING off of Costco.com even if I had it shipped to a U.S. address.
They will only accept orders from US-based members, it sounds like the membership numbers are different, and the computer system will not allow a Can. member's number in the system.
I have an executive membership, I even have a freaking American Express Costco card, and I STILL can't order anytrhing off of Costco.com!!!!!

Their solution from customer service was for me to have a friend in the US order the item and I could pay them back. That's a bit tricky with a $3500 item... :rolleyes:

18seeds

Explorer
Damn Costco!!!
So, being a Costco member based in Canada I cannot order ANYTHING off of Costco.com even if I had it shipped to a U.S. address.
They will only accept orders from US-based members, it sounds like the membership numbers are different, and the computer system will not allow a Can. member's number in the system.
I have an executive membership, I even have a freaking American Express Costco card, and I STILL can't order anytrhing off of Costco.com!!!!!

Their solution from customer service was for me to have a friend in the US order the item and I could pay them back. That's a bit tricky with a $3500 item... :rolleyes:

i can order the trailer for you and i'll keep it attached to my truck so it never leaves my side :)

The Adam Blaster

Expedition Leader
Just drive down there (with a Canadian Trailer Plate).
Buy one... drive back.

That's just it YOU CAN'T!
You can only order the stuff off of Costco.com if you have an American resident Costco membership. To get one of those you'd have to have an address in the U.S., and obviously some form of proof of that address...
If you have a US membership, then you can order off of the website and have it shipped anywhere in the continental US.
They have really screwed up rules, I spent about 30 minutes talking to a supervisor at the Kalispel MT store (closest to me) as well as Costco 1-800 customer service department.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Damn Costco!!!

Especially if you have no friends. :elkgrin:

Do you know anyone close the boarder that they could ship to and be reasonably close for you to drive down and pick it up?

PM me if you need my help in ordering it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior