BLT Offroad KLR

Cabrito

I come in Peace
That totally sucks. You should have got way more miles out of that tire.

I've run three sets of Gripsters and love those tires. I did end up putting another set of 705's on mine, but I'm going to be watching them closely. I'm also going to watch my psi. I did a lot of messing around running real hard when packed heavy and airing down quite a bit when off pavement. I thought I might have been airing down a little too much off pavement when running heavy loads of camping gear.

Can you check the manufacture date on your tire that failed?

Mine was a Shinko E-705 with 4100 miles on it. It's a Bias not a radial. Manufacture date 24th week of 2011

I run a mix of PSI - 32-36 for street depending on the load / 25-28 off pavement.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Mine shows the 43rd week of 2009. Last week of October 2009, that means they were just under a year old when installed. I installed them October 8th, 2010.
I ran 25-28 psi in the rear tire all the time.
I had my heart set on getting 5k miles out of them. My faith in them is shaken enough that I am not going to experiment further with Shinko tires.
The Bridgestone Trailwing on the TW200 is a real brute. I might also consider those.

Jeez! It seems all my specialty tire needs come at once. The HenryJ's rear tires are needing replacement too. 15" wide DOT tires don't come cheap :( :sigh: They might both wait until next year. Lots of camping and exploring to do :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles