Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: FG fuel economy

Quote Originally Posted by DEFENDERBEAM View Post
    Attachment 82680Attachment 82681

RPM/speed example with SRW 34.9" Toyos. 2006 SWB FG84

Based on my garmin GPS, the speed is correct.

(With the stock wheels and tires the speedo was off about 5mph. When I singled it out and added tire diameter, the speedo corrected itself.)
    That is what I noticed too, I found the speedo is corrected much closer to actual speed, the odometer is off a little, I cant remember what I had calculated it out by but not much, I like that you got a shot of the mph vs rpm, nice, I will have a look at what I get at 2800 rpm with a taller tire,, 35.6" as I'm using it as my daily driver now.

Just think of how much Mitsubishi saves on warranties running out a bit sooner than they should.

Could be by design?

I think the CEO or another Mitsubishi exec went to prison over a commercial bus crash incident in Japan where the factory should have had a recall out that could have prevented the crash.

They are no less slimy than any other high level cost-cutting big wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by DEFENDERBEAM View Post
    Attachment 82680Attachment 82681

RPM/speed example with SRW 34.9" Toyos. 2006 SWB FG84

Based on my garmin GPS, the speed is correct.

(With the stock wheels and tires the speedo was off about 5mph. When I singled it out and added tire diameter, the speedo corrected itself.)
    Me too. I have the 315-16" M/T Toyos, and the speedo is now accurate, meaning stock is reading high. The odometer on the other hand was measuring accurate with the stock tires/wheels.

I usually get 12-13mpg (diameter corrected) b/w 60-63mph if my tires are at 60psi. If I forget to air-up or forget to unlock the hubs it goes down 1-2 mph.
    On a recent trip down the entire length of the Oregon coast I averaged about 12.5mph despite a lot of starting and stoping in towns, view points, campgrounds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajaroad View Post
    I usually get 12-13mpg
    That's 18.1 to 19.6 L/100 Km for those who want/need a conversion to metric.

(quote) I think the CEO or another Mitsubishi exec went to prison over a commercial bus crash incident in Japan where the factory should have had a recall out that could have prevented the crash. (unquote)

Two Mitsubishi execs got suspended prison sentences after an incident involving wheel separation from a failed hub on a Fuso truck in 2002. A woman in Yokohama was killed by the loose wheel. Fuso trucks were subsequently banned in 42 of Japan's 47 prefectures including Nagasaki where Mitsubishi's main plant was located. That's pretty much why Daimler ended up owning the Fuso division. They had just bought a stake and loaned them a bunch of money when TSHTF.
    Jeffrey

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456