Jacks

gasman

Adventurer
i made mine they were intigrated into the tailgate frame, but you can buy the nice crank up ones at harbour freight/ princess auto/ any trailer supply place.
IMG_2227.jpg
IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2226-1.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

SilverBullet

Explorer
FWIW, I have an extra BAL leveler from my Tent Trailer if anyone wants to try to modify one of those or make a mount to make it work.

i made mine they were intigrated into the tailgate frame, but you can buy the nice crank up ones at harbour freight/ princess auto/ any trailer supply place.

i'm doing something very similar with pre-drilled tube. it only about $10
worth of material but then it not as slick looking, the curse of being cheap...

933475735_pRhq2-L.jpg
933474940_aSc76-L.jpg

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Ain't a damn thing the matter with THAT. !!

Cheap and functional can be our friend...

Here is what I did on the current build..somewhere along what Elmo did, a drop foot jack that slides into the bumper ends

photo-25.jpg

photo-27.jpg

Last edited:

rdsk8ter

Observer
IMG_2227.jpg
IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2226-1.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

do you still have any wobble front to rear side to side with ths setup?

gasman

Adventurer
do you still have any wobble front to rear side to side with ths setup?

wobble ? not sure what you mean , the trailer is steady as a rock, i carry a small pipe wrench and use it to turn the feet in or out as needed to level out the trailer,, i can lift the wheels off the ground this way.. absolutley rock steady,, . the crank up jacks would prolly be a little bit easier, but my system works for me just fine, and there not gonna break and leave me scrambling for a trail fix somewhere,

compactcamping

Explorer
I use Atwood friction jacks, available at most RV parts stores. They come in two extended lengths, 16.5" and 23.5". I mount them in receiver tubes so they are removable to keep them from being damaged.

3643337307_8911931581.jpg

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I use Atwood friction jacks, available at most RV parts stores. ..... I mount them in receiver tubes so they are removable to keep them from being damaged.

Good idea! You could make a shackle/recovery point that fit's the reciever when on the trail, swap out to the stabilizer jack for camping.:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier