I finally found my tent....I think

net4n6

Adventurer
Just placed order for REI Kingdom 6 Tent. I was about to order King Pine and saw email from REI for 25% off on one of the item. I have been back and forth between REI Kingdom 6 and LLBean King Pine. %25 off + lighter weight (19lbs vs 34 lbs) swayed my decision toward REI.

net4n6

Adventurer
I just got back from one week camping in my REI Kingdom 6 tent. All I can say is "Wow". The tent was so easy to setup. I think I can set it up faster tan "turbo tent" due to turbo tent's rainfly. Kingdom 6 included vestibule was awesome. I didn't get the optional vestibule (for the other end of tent). It cost $90 extra. I like it so much and thinking about getting the optional vestibule for future trip.

The included vestibule helped to keep mosquitos and bugs out of the tent.

- First, you get in the vestibule. Close it
- Then open the tent door to get in the tent.

My friend's tent didn't have vestibule. Mosquitos got in his tent while he tried to get in his tent.

Inside the tent. It had pockets and hanging hooks every where. I can fit 2 cots, one self-inflating pad, and a small table. We placed our bags and "stuffs" under the cots.

The aluminum poles are strong.

I carrying bag was great. It had enough space for 2 extra 10x10 tarps and it designed like a backpack. It only weight 20lbs which compare to turbo tent 34-36 lbs. Packed size only 10"x17".

One minor draw back. No big deal to me. It was too bright inside the tent for me in the morning. The sun shined through the tent too much that I couldn't sleep late.

Make sure you have extra tarp to use as footprint. You can use regular tarp or spend $45 for REI footprint (if you have $ to spare). I used Walmart $10 tarp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz