Photos of Quebec trip

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
'Quebec - is that the French speaking part of Canada ?

Mostly.

Quebec is something like 60-70% rench speaking. But then there are french speaking communities throughout Ontario, and New Brunswick, and to a lesser extent every other country. We live in Ontario, and my son goes to a french only school. He's fully bilingual at 4.5 years old.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I'm sure your intention were not bad, but you should have put both flags together there!

:26_7_2:

http://pix.alaporte.net/pub/d/8673-1/Canadian_Embassy.JPG

The Canadian Embassy in Washington on flies the Canadian flag.

Canadian_Embassy.JPG

The "National" Assembly in Quebec doesn't fly the Canadian flag at all!

Quebec_national_assembly.jpg

Gaidheal

Observer
Embassies are sovereign territory of the representative country. IE: the US embassy in Canada is US territory & vice-versa. You go into a country's embassy, you are *IN* that country.

As for PEI, they fly the Canadian flag as you would expect them to.

Province_House_Charlottetown_04.jpg

As for Quebec, they consider Quebec City to be the "national capitol" which I think many outside of Quebec find offensive.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Rob would you seriously expect the quebec parlement to fly the canadien flag? Does any of the Canadien province national assembly fly the canadien flag? i would guess, but maybe not. But what's to point?

Queen's Park (seat of provincial government in Ontario) also flies the Canadian flag.

toronto-queens-park.jpg

So does Saskatchewan. I'm not going to spend all day looking up the rest.

Saskatchewan-Legislative-Building-canada-6370575-500-375.jpg

The point? Flying another flag in Canada, without also flying the Canadian flag, really isn't a big deal. Especially in Quebec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94