Photos of Quebec trip

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Ok....... lets see if this works..... mjmcdowellhttp://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1791113027/a=3339416027_3339416027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

mjmcdowell

Explorer
RL.... The river is the Rupert.

The Rupert river is about 2/3 of the way N on the RDN, just a little further N is the Cree village of Namaska.... and gas!!! mjmcdowell :wings:

Gaidheal

Observer
Great pix - except #108. Had you done that with me around I would have expressed my views in person about your declaration of invasion.

I'll be passing through that way next week. Hope I don't find that flag - you won't like my picture of it.

mjmcdowell

Explorer
I mean no offense......

Gaidheal, Please, I did not place my small American flag in your country as a sign of invasion rather to just show that an American had passed that way. If it offends you tho please by all means remove it if you come across it but please don't desecrate it, I meant no harm and I am truly sorry that you feel I insulted you or your country. I come from and still live in up state NY in an area that welcomes Canadians as our northern neighbors and friends by flying the Canadian flag to show this. Again I am so sorry you took my little flag as a sign of invasion..... I did not mean in any way to be disrespectful of you or your country. stay safe, mjmcdowell

Gaidheal

Observer
I'm sorry. I was out of line - and character. I could have - and should have - expressed my views in a very different way.

Jamie

eleblanc

Adventurer
Great pix - except #108. Had you done that with me around I would have expressed my views in person about your declaration of invasion.

I'll be passing through that way next week. Hope I don't find that flag - you won't like my picture of it.

This should be reported to CBSA, so he doesn't ever have the chance to do this again. Better, what is your address, when i come by i'll bring and install a couple of Canadien flag in your back yard

Last edited:

eleblanc

Adventurer
Gaidheal, Please, I did not place my small American flag in your country as a sign of invasion rather to just show that an American had passed that way. If it offends you tho please by all means remove it if you come across it but please don't desecrate it, I meant no harm and I am truly sorry that you feel I insulted you or your country. I come from and still live in up state NY in an area that welcomes Canadians as our northern neighbors and friends by flying the Canadian flag to show this. Again I am so sorry you took my little flag as a sign of invasion..... I did not mean in any way to be disrespectful of you or your country. stay safe, mjmcdowell

Think about it the other way around, how would you feel if i'd install a CDN flag in you yard, because i was there!

anyway.....

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Ouch, let's not turn this into a big deal, please. I'm as patriotic as they come, and it seems pretty harmless to me. There are American flags flying all over Canada. If somebody did something mischievious, like dropping a Canadian flag, burning it, and hoisting an American flag in it's place, that would be a whole other matter.

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Again..... Sorry

If any one put a small Canadian flag on a remote trail/road in the Adirondack mtns. near where I live in NYS and camp often, I would not be upset or insulted or view it as an affront to my country, I understand being patriotic, I am a disabled combat veteran from the Vietnam and I love my country and I would never put an American flag in another country on public let alone private property if I knew it would cause ill will. So ........ Again I offer my very sincere apologies as I only put it there to show that an American passed thru this wonderful remote are of your Canada and appreciated its raw beauty! I hope you can accept them, and know it was not done to tick any one off. Please believe me when I say it will never happen again and I will not answer any further posts on the matter, as I do not wish to antagonize anybody else. What else is expected of me? I don't know as I have offered apologies several times. Stay safe, mjmcdowell

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
If any one put a small Canadian flag on a remote trail/road in the Adirondack mtns. near where I live in NYS and camp often, I would not be upset or insulted or view it as an affront to my country, I understand being patriotic, I am a disabled combat veteran from the Vietnam and I love my country and I would never put an American flag in another country on public let alone private property if I knew it would cause ill will. So ........ Again I offer my very sincere apologies as I only put it there to show that an American passed thru this wonderful remote are of your Canada and appreciated its raw beauty! I hope you can accept them, and know it was not done to tick any one off. Please believe me when I say it will never happen again and I will not answer any further posts on the matter, as I do not wish to antagonize anybody else. What else is expected of me? I don't know as I have offered apologies several times. Stay safe, mjmcdowell

Don't worry, I think it's totally cool. You explained very well that your intention was good.
I am from Quebec and I am not offended...actually, I would like to see more Americans visiting our province. Apparently the numbers are 30% lower this year.

Rev

Adventurer

I can't see how you could be more civil about people's concerns. Good on you. I can see why it may have bothered some, but in fact I feel bad that some have jumped on you, although admittedly the main offender did apologize, and I’m glad for that. I hope this thread continues to be more about the great wilderness of Canada than anything else.

eleblanc

Adventurer
I'm sure your intention were not bad, but you should have put both flags together there!

:26_7_2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94