Honda Passport/Isuzu Rodeo

Kevinj110

Observer
I drive one almost everyday. I love the fact that it was pretty bare bones compared to some of the trucks from the same time period 99 in my case. The only thing I have had problems with was the pretty common head crack on the 6vd1. But 215 horse outta the box aint shabby and I did all the work at 85k and just got all the 100k service outta the way. Also selectable hubs are a must to save cv axles.

FrankyRizzo

I have a 99 Rodeo I have done a little work to.

DSC06201Medium.jpg

DSC06202Medium.jpg

DSC06208Medium.jpg

SVS

Observer
Isuzu is one of your better rigs for adventure travel. Overbuilt by one of the Worlds most renowned Truck Manufactureers.

Trooper

Rodeo

Amigo

VehiCross.

You just need to be resourseful in regards to maintenance and modification as Isuzu only sells comercial vehicles in the U.S. so parts and support are lacking compared to other manufactureers that are still selling in the U.S.

The Internet makes this task much easier.

CliftonSmith

Observer
Isuzu is one of your better rigs for adventure travel. Overbuilt by one of the Worlds most renowned Isuzu Truck Parts Manufactureers.

Trooper

Rodeo

Amigo

VehiCross.

You just need to be resourseful in regards to maintenance and modification as Isuzu only sells comercial vehicles in the U.S. so parts and support are lacking compared to other manufactureers that are still selling in the U.S.

The Internet makes this task much easier.

I also own an Isuzu Rodeo and regular maintenance of my truck is of very important to me.

bansil

Adventurer
Check out planetisuzoo for isuzu for info,lots of folks mod and wheel them not much aftermarket support tho
Lift is easy and cheap on 98+ D44 rear,4wh disc,auto trans isan issue 4l30E sucks 5spd is the way to go.
4:10 and 4:30 from factory on v6 models 4:10 auto/4:30 5spd

4:77 with crappy(IMO) 4cyl option these work great w/v6 and 33's

4:56 is a JY option for front and rear can be setup for 4:56 kinda $$ tho

Pre98 had leaf sprung rear w/D44 that uses off the shelf gears and easier

Lift is also cheap add a leafs and shackles in rear t-bar crank up front will fit 34x10.50 on 8" wheels with a little fender trimming,a great low cog and lots of under belly clearance

cronk

Observer
I have an 02' Rodeo and I love it. It's a good platform. Mine even held up well when I rolled it on its roof. Plopped it back on its wheels, drove it to camp, wheeled it the next day. Even drove it 500 miles home without issue!

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
I drive a 93 Rodeo. 5 speed, 3.2L V6, t-bar crank, Superwinch manual hubs, Aussie'd D44 rear. 4.30's, ZR2 single leaf swap and a shorty AAL from Indy4x. I also fabricated 3" longer shackles for the rear netting 1.5" lift with just those. Dynomax muffler. XCR8 winch and cover mounted on a LandRover Defender Series bumper that I fabricated to fit. Also added 2 shackle mounts and a pair of Hella 700FF's. Uniden Pro520XL cb and custom antenna mount (w/ spring) on my swing-away tire rack. 4-door S-10 Blazer roofrack that I shortened and narrowed to fit. Hi-lift and shovel mount to this. Dual electric fans in-place of horsepower robbing, manual fan. Optima yellowtop. Carpet removed, rhinolined floors. Dual 12V power outlets in dash and 12V outlet in rear. 33x12.5x15 Pro Comp MT's on Outlaw II rims.
There's more but you get the jist :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94