New to me FZJ 80

bluedog

Adventurer
I have spent hours on this and other sites searching for what would be my perfect vehical. My list went from my current Tundra double cab to tacoma to Defender 110's (I still want one of these but $$$ make it not to realistic right now). At some point it came to me, Land Cruiser. So I did it. I went out and got myself a play truck. Just because I deserve it.
It's a 1995 FZJ 80
FZJ80003Small.jpg

After removal of the third row seats, I did my first mod to "clean up" the bolt holes for the seat belts. I'm sure I find something to hang on those.
FZJ80007Small.jpg

My plans for the future are:
Stainless brake lines (in 24hrs)
My black wheelers alloy wheels with some new tires (next week)
OME suspension
Front and rear bumpers
Dual battery and inverter
Home made drawers, bike rack, and sleeping platform for the inside

Drive it around and have fun with it!

B.

Last edited:

bluedog

Adventurer
expeditionswest said:
Nice truck, looking forward to watching the progress.

Thanks, I have been folowing your build up of your Tacoma along with BajaTaco's for the past year or so. Tons of inspiration on those pages.

B.

bluedog

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Great choice! Good idea for those old seatbelts!
Thanks, I have been reading your upgrades over the past few days. I like you dual battery set up. I will use yours as a foundation for mine.

B.

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
nice purchase. Three new 1995 fzj 80 owners with the same color :safari-rig: It'll be interesting how different/similar our rigs turn out :lurk:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Yup, you and Brian need new avatars Mark!

Congrats on the new ride bluedog. I like your rationale, "Because I deserve it." Excellent!

:beer:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
bluedog said:
Thanks, I have been reading your upgrades over the past few days. I like you dual battery set up. I will use yours as a foundation for mine.

B.

Right on man. Please give all the credit of the dual battery setup to Boston Mangler. I copied his.

Let the mods begin!:26_7_2:

bluedog

Adventurer
SOCALFJ said:
Right on man. Please give all the credit of the dual battery setup to Boston Mangler. I copied his.

Let the mods begin!:26_7_2:

With all the idea borrowing I plan on doing, I really won't be able to call this truck mine.

B.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier