WTB: Semi-cheap ready to roll Expo Rig

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Not sure I want a van. I think I'd take an 80 Series LC first.

I think everyone should own a van. I wouldn't myself but I mechanic for a living. That T-100 looks pretty nice. The 3.4 V-6 is sooo much better than the 3.0. Put a locker and some good tires on it and you could go quite a few places.

billy bee

Adventurer
Any pics of the shell?

I have Google Alerts sending me FP postings. So, if one comes available I find out about it fast. I'll keep my eyes open...

Meanwhile, I'll get pix of the T100 shell tomorrow AM and post them in the For Sale thread.

bb

Last edited:

billy bee

Adventurer
I do have my motorcycle license, so I'm not opposed to that either, I just need to take care of this quarter life crisis before I lose my mind. I'm ok with needing a little work eventually, but I want something ready to go when I hand over the cash.

How did I miss this? You need to buy my BMW. There are TONS of sweet twisties between here and Denver, starting with the PCH.

627733515_tBPJH-M.jpg

List of Farkles:
Wilburs
System Cases (Std Lids) with Cee Bailes Liners
Topcase
J&M Intercom
Accessory Shelf
BMW Tank Bag
Pre-Wired for 276 (Will include mount)
Throttlemeister
Factory AM/FM Casette
Cee Bailey Euro Screen (New factory Screen included)
GS Mirrors
HEad Guards
BMS Saddle
PIAAs
61k miles
Fresh Z6s
More pics: http://billybee.smugmug.com/Motorcyc...27732463_BvzW4

$5250

bb

rob17san

I would love to have a supercharged 1998 T-100 4x4. I loved my 1996. Perfect size, engine, and with a supercharger, you cant go wrong. Last time I found the right one, it was $12k in Huntington Beach. I paid $6k for mine and it was cherry, until that highway pileup. Bastard noob drivers.

billy bee

Adventurer
T100 is SOLD!

I snapped this picture of the T100 with the shell on it this morning:
942552127_7xe6Y-M.jpg

Some good and bad about the shell:
  • Higher roof makes it good for camping but does nothing, aesthetically, for the truck
  • The front window got smashed out; I was going to buy a gasket to fit between the shell and cab
  • Clearcoat is peeling badly, but it matches the roof of the truck...
  • No screens
  • No keys to the locks
  • Fits T100 and Tundra

Here's a link to the gallery with all the T100 photos, including more pics of the shell: http://billybee.smugmug.com/Cars/T100/11706902_ZoRzC#826100870_KbdmB

bb

Last edited:

rob17san

I snapped this picture of the T100 with the shell on it this morning:
942552127_7xe6Y-M.jpg

Some good and bad about the shell:
  • Higher roof makes it good for camping but does nothing, aesthetically, for the truck
  • The front window got smashed out; I was going to buy a gasket to fit between the shell and cab
  • Clearcoat is peeling badly, but it matches the roof of the truck...
  • No screens
  • No keys to the locks
  • Fits T100 and Tundra

Here's a link to the gallery with all the T100 photos, including more pics of the shell: http://billybee.smugmug.com/Cars/T100/11706902_ZoRzC#826100870_KbdmB

bb

Theres no way I could get away with a 2wd. i would shoot myself in colorado winters.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Monty Python

I am super confused by your post :drool:.

Sorry. As people began giving good recomendations you said no to each one, it prompted a too vague reference to a Monty Pyhton skit from me:sombrero::

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0"]YouTube- The Cheese Shop sketch, Monty Python[/ame]

hyperboarder

Adventurer
Alright, I've done a little reworking of my plan. As it stands now I'm thinking I'll be picking up a bike (KLR likely) and paybe a small pickup and doing a western state tour. Planning on Ouray, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Moab, and back over about 10 days. That being said I'm in the market for the KLR and possibly an older pickup (toyota preferred), so post em if you got em :). Budget is ~$4k each.

billy bee

Adventurer
Alright, I've done a little reworking of my plan. As it stands now I'm thinking I'll be picking up a bike (KLR likely) and paybe a small pickup and doing a western state tour. Planning on Ouray, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Moab, and back over about 10 days. That being said I'm in the market for the KLR and possibly an older pickup (toyota preferred), so post em if you got em :). Budget is ~$4k each.

You can get a good KLR for less than $4k. Maybe more like $2k. Check AdvRider. Spend the extra $$$ on a good truck. JMHO.

bb

BlueHZT60

Adventurer
How about a 95 - 80, white built and ready to roll in Bend, OR

Axles rebuilt
OME 2.5-3" Suspension
Cooper 285-75-16 AT's
Electric Lockers
Center Differential Lock
Sliders
4x4 Labs Rear tire carrier bumper
Alum Non-USA bullbar
Auxiliary fuel tank (65+- gallons total)
New Exhaust, cats, O2 sensors
Aux. Battery
two new gel batteries
Rear 12v outlet for fridge and Maggiolina
Recaro Ergomed seats
Cobra CB
Wired for radar detector
Scan Gauge
Shift Kit in trani
New alternator
new radiator & Cooling components
Refurbished power steering pump
All maintenance complete

The rough & ugly - very little. It has 310,000 miles on the truck, with the engine having 210,000 miles. Runs perfect. Small dent in passenger rocker panel (softball sized), small dent in hood, small dent in rear hatch.

Photo before recent upgrades

Price: $11,500

Attachments

• CatlowValley-262.jpg
    CatlowValley-262.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 105

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles