To the Arctic Ocean via the Dalton Road

geovalue

Adventurer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICda9UhV8wY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICda9UhV8wY[/ame]

This is our video of the infamous Dalton Highway in Alaska to Prudhoe Bay or Deadhorse.

Jferg

Observer
What a great video! Similar terrain to that along the Dempster Highway. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Great video!

How do you like the Titan and camper combo so far?

Don't forget that you are more than welcome to stop at our place in San Francisco if you come here.

landcruising

Adventurer
Thanks Kevin we will definitely contact you would love to get some suggestions and advice on traveling through Central and South America. We flip and flop on the whether to get a carnet as we hear most don't need it, are never asked for it etc, but we did speak to one couple who were asked for it and then this recent couple who said that believe it made their border crossings easy as they simple handed in the carnet it was stamped and they never had any issues but then they may have had no issues anyway.
It is an expensive document so don't want to get it if don't need it. It is essential in Africa but obviously not for South America.

We have had our Carnet for Iran, Pakistan, India and the rest of South East Asia. Once we landed 3 years ago in Buenos Aires from Malaysia, we never used the Carnet again.

Adventurous greetings,
Coen

geovalue

Adventurer
Great video!

How do you like the Titan and camper combo so far?

Don't forget that you are more than welcome to stop at our place in San Francisco if you come here.

Thanks everyone for the positive video feedback.
With regards to the Titan and the Outfitter camper we are really pleased with the both the design and how they held up. We really pushed both the truck and the camper with bad roads and conditions and both held up really well. We loved having the comfort of being able to stay inside when the weather was really bad.
If we get to SF we will definitely get in contact with you, but we dont anticipate being in California until the end of the year as we are heading down the Eastern USA first.
Safe travels everyone

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
If we get to SF we will definitely get in contact with you, but we dont anticipate being in California until the end of the year as we are heading down the Eastern USA first.
Safe travels everyone

If you find yourself passing through the Pocono Mountains of northeastern PA, be sure to let us know if you would like to stop in for a visit!

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Ditto,

You are more than welcome to stop in on my family and I if you come to Utah. Wash some clothes or something while you are here.

thanks for sharing. I would LOVE to get to go up that road. My wife and I have recently started looking for a job in Alaska, just so we can get to make some of those trips!

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your travels with us.

God Bless

Just returned from the Dalton also

My father and I also just returned from a trip up to the Arctic Ocean. We drove from Bellingham WA. Incredible trip, and we had a great time.
Alaskatrip1608.jpg

geovalue

Adventurer
To Italy with love a Little Detour
Today we flew into Milan Italy to spend some time with our family before we head south into the USA, through Central America and across South America. Our family are living in Italy on a 2 year contract, the desire to explore the world was passed onto our children so they have chosen the expat lifestyle while their children( our grandchildren) are still young.
The most difficult part of overlanding around the world, is not the challenging border crossings, the miles and miles of nothing, shipping vehicles, tire blow outs, humungous potholes, hair raising roads or creaky bridges, getting difficult visas, it is saying goodbye to family and friends.
We were last in Milan in 1974 when Tom and I did our first big overland trip in a little beat up old Renault, a few dollars in our pockets and a sense of adventure. We travelled throughout Western Europe for a year. I now wonder how on earth we managed to sleep, cook and wash in that little car, but it was our initiation into learning to travel light, sleep anywhere, and eat anything and do it on the cheap. We traveled throughout Europe, the days before GPS, overland rigs, internet, mobile phones and the Lonely Planet.
We returned home with a few dollars in our pockets and I was pregnant with our first son. This was not the end of overland travel but the first of many more to come. The travel bug had bitten us hard and despite having children it did not stop us venturing off into the wilderness exploring Southern Africa. Our sons soon learnt the thrill of adventure travel and now both have left home and are out there following in their parents footsteps.
We celebrated our 38 wedding anniversary with them last night sitting in the Piazza Del Duomo eating a wonderful Italian dinner and toasting to life with an Italian wine. Tom and I had wandered through this Piazzo in 1974 little could we have know that the next time we will be back will be with our family and grandchildren.
Travel is always full of surprises.

LateNate

Adventurer
Awesome trip. Nice video. Did I read correctly that you guys are headed all the way down to Argentina this year? A friend and I are doing the same thing. We should be leaving shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles