advice for 2" spacer install on a 96 disco

achampagne

Explorer
Any advice for installing the 2" spacer from Rovers North? I already know to soak the old bolts in PB for a few days before starting about what about getting the spacer in there?

nickyill

Observer
You won't find many (any) that would suggest the spacers over springs and shocks, but I'm not going to get preachy...The job will suck. Everything will be rotted, stuck in place, fused together. I'd pre-buy new hardware, get a spring compressor and to get a little more room, you can use a bottle jack between your frame and axle. Not rocket science, just a job that will take longer than it should, cause it's a Rover!

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Get some PBlaster a torch, a cut off wheel and a breaker bar.

When i installed my lift I got lucky only one small shock tower bolt was seized, heat and blaster and it came off eventually.

My swaybar bolts those were another story. Had to cut one off used heat on all the others.

What's your intent for the lift? Most would advise against spacers as would I. If you don't care about trails and upgraded suspension than you will be fine. Just dont run without sways and be careful.

Sam

achampagne

Explorer
I would love to get the springs and shocks not in the budget for a while, new house, new baby and some big vet bills. I just want to get my tires on so I can get down some C6 roads in my area. Thanks for the help guys, I'll post up a pic of the final product.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
You've already bought the spring spacers, but for others on a budget looking for more clearance, I'd suggest a 2" body lift. Doesn't raise the CoG as much (a good thing when still on your old springs), and there are no issues leaving it installed when you finally do get a suspension lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles