2000 ish Dodge Ram Bumper

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
I'm thinking of making this front bumper for my 2000 Dodge Ram. What do you think? The top of the bumper is flat so I tried to break it up.

Attachments

• Bumper Assem.JPG
    Bumper Assem.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 290

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I think someone has a heck of a design program!:sombrero: But seriously, looks pretty good. Love to see the finished product!

chasespeed

Explorer
Have you pulled the bumper off yet? If not, do so, and and try to work around the front mounts, and protect that intercooler, and piping...

I wanted something more low profile for mine, but, protection and winch mount were the primary goals... so.... function before form... and I made it so I can add a bash plate when I have time(have the plates already)....

Chase

angusdevil

Adventurer
Reminds me of my buddies 2nd gen... which I really dig!

30466_434943878707_660763707_5839523_7507019_n.jpg

IMG_5085mxmatt.jpg

cumminscruiser

Adventurer
Dodge Ram Bumper

Thanks for the input, I'm thinking of making a kit for the bumper, I make one for seat frames for a FJ40.

I'll make the light bar to fit the bumper, with it would be a DXF file of the flat layout and bends plus drawings and instructions. All you Expo guys and gals are pretty capable. You could have your neighborhood CNC plasma, waterjet or laser shop cut-out and bend the bumper and brackets then just weld it and grind the corners. I'll make a couple first so I know it goes togeather.

I'm still working on the look of the bumper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles