2nd Monongahela WV, 8/24 - 8/27/07

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
jim65wagon said:
Not to be redundant but: Priorities man, its 2 weeks before your trip out west. How long can you possibly take to pack?:sombrero:

It's not the packing...it's the prep work on 3-4 vehicles that will be taking up my time this summer. In the past, something has always come up last minute that kept us busy till just before departure.

There is a slim chance i may be able to run down for a quick 2 days or so.

:safari-rig:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Where in WV

Cass, WV? damn 8 hrs and 475 miles away.

PS this is 2 weeks after my planned Nova Scotia trip... I could just leave the truck packed ; )

Jay in Rochester

Last edited:

CLynn85

Explorer
If everything's going well this summer I'm in. Will be starting my new job in June so I'll just kind of have to feel it out, but I'd sure like to come out with the FWC.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Michelle (my wife) found out she has that weekend off, so count us in. Lookin forward to meeting you folks!

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
Look forward to returning to our spot in Monongahela NF. Hope many can participate. You guys from the west feel like making a trip? You'd definately enjoy the change of scenery.

:camping:

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
cshontz said:
Look forward to returning to our spot in Monongahela NF. You guys from the west feel like making a trip? You'd definately enjoy the change of scenery.

:camping:

Yeah, yous out west guys should show; It's a great trip, just like the desert except there'll be trees, and water, and, um, well, us.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
njjeepthing said:
Keeping an eye on this one Chris, would like to get a chance to get out and explore with you.

Welcome to ExPo, Jamie! It'd be great to have you along! :safari-rig:

488267155_f91566ae90.jpg

jim65wagon

TundraBird1
OK, is everyone happy with the 24-27th for this trip? If these dates are solid I'm going to put in for a few vacation days, so once they're approved that'll be my trip. Chris, oh leader of the junket,chime in.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
jim65wagon said:
OK, is everyone happy with the 24-27th for this trip? If these dates are solid I'm going to put in for a few vacation days, so once they're approved that'll be my trip. Chris, oh leader of the junket,chime in.

I'm pretty sure that will be okay. I just have to check with work ... and my wife ... and I'll do that sometime soon. :)

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Just checking to make sure of the date of this trip. The orginal dates work well for us and are preferable, but if there is a change we'll need some lead time to make adjust.

cshontz

Supporting Sponsor
As far as I'm concerned, the trip is on for 8/24-8/27. I do plan to attend, but in the unlikely event that I am unable to make it, I still encourage everyone to attend!

I have GPS coordinates of the campsite that I'll distribute prior to the event. The campsite is primitive, somewhat remote, adequately sized with room for several vehicles. Accommodates both ground tents and vehicle-based camping.

There are numerous interesting outdoor destinations to visit, a vast wilderness to explore with hiking trails and unimproved roads (some moderately technical), or you can just relax at camp. You may arrive and depart at your convenience throughout the weekend.

This event is basically a meet-and-greet for members of ExPo on the eastern part of the US. It is an opportunity for to get to know each other better doing the things we love to do the most in a beautiful WV setting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles