Any problems with your drawer slides?

racemedic

Observer
So I'm getting ready to build a drawer unit for my work Tahoe. Since I do a lot of driving on rough dirt roads I was wondering how well your slides are holding up. Right now I am undecided on building it with or without slides. I'm not to concerned about loosing the space that the slides would take I'm more into the durability of them and if they will hold up.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Slides come in all shapes, sizes and qualities. Our experience has been that high quality, heavy duty slides hold up very well to abuse off-road.

Light weight inexpensive slides fall apart.

FJLED

Adventurer
Accuride makes high quality slides. I've used them in various industrial settings and currently have a two sets on the drawer system I'm building. The Load Spotter/drop down fridge slide that will go ontop of the storage system also uses accuride.

Only thing is they aren't that cheap, but they are extremely high quality and I've never had an issue with them.

racemedic

Observer
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out the Accuride's. I'm still deciding if I want to do with or without sliders.

shredwagon

Observer
I'm the planning stage myself. I was undecided on going with slides or HDPE/Teflon runners. I'm now set on sealed bearings after using them at work. If you go with the slides, check eBay. I've seen some really good deals on quality 500 lb sets (wouldn't go less than 350 lbs myself). Worth checking. Good luck man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier