Using the OEM Steel Spare Wheels?

NM-Frontier

Explorer
Well I did it! I got them in the mail yesterday and had a set of BFG ATs in 235/85/16 mounted on them to day. So far I am very pleased!

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 86

NM-Frontier

Explorer
I did not get to weigh them but the wheels seem a bit heavier then the 17" alloys but the tires may be lighter then the wider ones I had. So it may be a toss up on that, if any thing a bit heavier then be for but not noticeable on the road

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Looks good! Love the whole white/black wheels/soft topper look.

Whyyyy thank you!!!:smiley_drive:

100_3725.jpg

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
That's a Yakima Loadmaster I believe. Mounted using the stock (from Yakima)mounts. I bought it from a friend years ago. I can try and get some pix up on it sometime. Bear with as we are headed back to school and...well, I'll just say it's gonna be a tough year.

Project510

Adventurer
That's a Yakima Loadmaster I believe. Mounted using the stock (from Yakima)mounts. I bought it from a friend years ago. I can try and get some pix up on it sometime. Bear with as we are headed back to school and...well, I'll just say it's gonna be a tough year.

That would be awesome thank you

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Sorry I haven't posted the pix. This has been the toughest school opening I've had in my ten years as a teacher.

I promise I'll get the pix ASAP.

mcm4090

Explorer
I did not get to weigh them but the wheels seem a bit heavier then the 17" alloys but the tires may be lighter then the wider ones I had. So it may be a toss up on that, if any thing a bit heavier then be for but not noticeable on the road

I had Cragar soft 8 steel rims at one time on my truck and they were 10lbs heavier per wheel then the stock wheels. They were 8" wide though. How wide are the stock one? 6 or 7 inches wide?

matpasch

Xterra looks awsome. I want to put those steelies on my 2010 frontier long box with OME set up. I run 255/85/16 km2s on my stock alloys so I think the 7" wide steel spare rims would work great. Where did you get the center caps, never seen those for the sparesspares, the center caps really make the wheels. Truck eally looks great. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz