To Tint or Not To Tint

• Tint

Votes: 102 88.7%
  • No Tint

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

SpencerFitch

Observer
Well, my disco already has a very slight tint, [its in the windows so its not removable] It has bothered me at night more than once, I think Ill just go with the less tint and maybe some shades.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Well, my disco already has a very slight tint, [its in the windows so its not removable] It has bothered me at night more than once, I think Ill just go with the less tint and maybe some shades.
You could get those white ones you see in old hotels that pull down and then snap up when they get old! just a few bucks a piece and are really easy to install.:elkgrin::sombrero::ylsmoke:Super retro!

XJCamper

SE Expedition Society
I like to have no tint on the front two on the XJ and really dark on the back for privacy reasons. My back windows are at 0% and front two have no tint.
Make sure you stay legal in your state.

refried

Adventurer
I had the windows tinted on my Toyota for about 17 years when I lived in NY, heat and security were the main reasons and night visibility wasn't a problem in an area with streetlights every 50'. When I moved to WA. I removed it right away, at night I could only see headlights dimly in my mirrors and backing up was nearly impossible.
Now that I don't have a problem with the hot summer sun and security isn't a problem I see no need for it. I did leave the rear window tinted but it's a slider that's open 99% of the time.
I'd leave the factory tint on the front windows and go darker from the B pillar back if heat and sun are a problem, with mirrors and good back up lights rear vision shouldn't be a problem.

Warhead

Adventurer
the darker the better IMO, I have not tinted my MJ yet(still looking for 97 up doors) here is my F250 with 5% all way around, even over the factory tint
2004PSD004.jpg

Brock63

Observer
I tint everything....usually 15-20% ...not only for security but also to cut down on greenhouse effect...plus the sun is just brutal during summer here in Charleston so keeps the AC from working so hard in FJ60.

Will be getting my LX tinted as well...very soon.

Attachments

• CRW_5105.jpg
    CRW_5105.jpg
    898.6 KB · Views: 7

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Granted a darker tint does limit visibility especially at night, but depends on how dark you get it. Another thought is tinting the passenger/driver windows which is considered illegal in some states/countries. Be aware law enforcement officers in those areas are known to key the windows so you have to remove it as well as a stiff fine, sometimes payable on the spot or follow me to town and pay the judge. :costumed-smiley-007

nucktaco

Adventurer
If i were a thief i would be looking for the vehicles WITH tint as they are probably loaded with valuables. people that are rocking clear windows arnt as likely to leave junk on the seats..

just my .02

going with a light tint or no tint @ all might save you a break in and a broken window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior