Mat for tent entrance?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I have a couple of different mats I use. My ExpeditionOps shower mat makes a perfect door mat for the tent ladder, alternatively I use my Bushranger Sand Tracks as they make a great place to bust the mud off your boots too.

Beamer pilot

Explorer
A lot of people around here use Tyvek house wrap. Light, packs easy and throw it out after a few outings. Free end of roll for the asking at most urban construction sites.

hoser

Explorer
I have had the chance to use CGear Mat a couple of times and it does keep the tent cleaner. The heavy weight material is nice and doesn't blow easily in the wind. The product demonstration video shows it with the optimal sand grain size.... small enough that everything passes through. But I think most people will see the larger grains of sand stay on top. It is like a strainer.

I can see how particles might get semi-stuck between the two layers. Not usually a problem but if you use it as a mat one day and then as an overhead sunshade, the next, you might have to shake it out really thoroughly before use.

The material of the CGear mat is not too comfortable to sit on with bare skin. But I see they now offer the CG rug that is softer. Not sure what the trade off is but I imagine the rug would be harder to clean.

Would I buy it again? Probably. Is it worth the extra expense over shade cloth? I think so. It is about twice the cost but it is also double layered.... and has grommets already on it... and a storage case.

Honu

lost on the mainland
thanks for the quick thoughts

I am now curious with the two layers if I lay down to layers of shade cloth if that will kinda work the same :) hmmmmm just to see since I have a lot of shade cloth to try
and my kids sand box is just sitting their ;) hmmmmm

I dont mind larger size a quick brush off my big thing is with kids tracking in and out if it keeps the small stuff out that gets into every where

chances are will pick one up for entry mat :)

I use a Happy Holidays welcome mat or an old throw rug depending on my festive mood at the time :) . Both of these were purchased for less than $1 at yard sales in the past year. After reading this thread, I may have to take my welcome mat and my festive mood and put them in the shower tent.

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste