SUV Home Made Rod Holder

hhog4dc

After throwing my rods in the back of the 4 Runner each time I go fishing, I decided to make myself a rod holder that would keep them out of the way.
I've looked at some different ones on the internet but, just nothing that I wanted to spend that much money on. So off to Lowe's for some good ole PVC pipe. Started with 10' foot of 1 1/4" a few elbows, tee's and some 4 way fittings. Total project cost me $25.00.
Thought I would share this with you guys and gals.
Have a good one, Doug

Link to the album on photobucket with all the photos
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/hhog4dc/SUV Fishing Rod Holder/

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

BorregoWrangler

Rendezvous Conspiracy
That is great. I'll need to figure out an easier way to transport my fishing rods in my Jeep. Not a lot of room in there when its loaded up with gear.

rpearlberg

love the setup Hhog!!! I'm looking for a way to carry my rod in my 4runner, but would only one or two rods most of the time....

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I have to do something, heading out on a 2-3 week jaunt through SD, CO and UT next month. Spending most of our time in CO, and since a non-res fish lisence is only $21 for 5 days:victory:

Gonna have to do some fishing!!:coffeedrink:

RTO_Tracker9

Observer
Looks great!

Nice job! It appears from the pictures to work well. It definitely looks like it provides plenty of clearance. It also seems to still allow you ample storage space in the back. Do the rods move around much while driving or do they stay seated in the PVC? Seeing your setup makes me want to take a canoe out and do some fishing.

The picture reminded me of some great camping trips we used to take when I was young. We used to take the canoe out and paddle down river for a few days. We would setup camp on the bank and then fish for hours. Listening to all of the camfire stories and wise tales seemed to bring us good luck. Good times and good memories. Hopefully, your new rack will bring you some good luck too!!

Attachments

• WJ.jpg
    WJ.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 32

rpearlberg

Do you think that 3M trim adhesive would hold a hook or handle in place, in order to hang either a fishing rod, or clothes rod?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste