Post your tents

mmccurdy

Adventurer
This picture here just gets me in the mood to go out right now :sombrero:
What lights do you have up in the tents?
The combo of the tents lit up and the stars looks outrageous.

We actually just stuck a couple of flashlights up in the tents (Fenix TK40's) to get the illuminated effect for the pic. My buddy David has since switched to a Snow Peak Hozuki LED lantern (hangs from the top crossmember), and I usually find it more practical to rely on the headlamp when navigating the tent in the dark.

Please tell me more about the shade/awning.

Ash

Yep, as refried said, it's a 16' Kelty Noah's Tarp. It looks really nice, but I wound up selling it in favor of a rectangular tarp that's a little more forgiving and allows setup in multiple configurations. The Kelty is not flat, and I found that unless you want to set it up exactly the way they want, it flaps around on you. Glad I got the pic when I had it though.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
BaseCamp 4 when there's just two of us:

597825131_uX6am-L.jpg

Or BaseCamp 6 when the whole family is along
523252092_YVgeM-L.jpg

811642512_ftM8E-L.jpg

We also have a little Kelty 4 person tent that stuffs down nice and small. We typically loan this one out to people joining us on camping trips:

498539845_TqCqg-L.jpg

And somewhere in the garage I still have this huge 8 person Coleman tent. It's served us well in our early years and held up remarkably well in High Sierra hail storms!

936483884_rZqKZ-L.jpg

Moody

Needs to get out more
We have a variety, depends on the situation...we have since moved away from the RTT (too small for a growing family of 4) and picked up a Kamparoo for more 'basecamp' trips (tons of water/kitchen/other camp luxuries).

The main menu:

Springbar Campsite...
dsc0107vj.jpg

christmas2009064.jpg

Mountain Hardwear Trango 4:
dsc0017ug.jpg

dsc0926u.jpg

dsc0504o.jpg

dsc0782f.jpg

We also use a Mountain Hardwear 2 person backpacking tent (for my solo trips), and I just picked up a Black Diamond Hilight 2 for an even simpler big mountain tent.

AMSarge

Observer
REI Basecamp 6. Works great for a family of 4. Yes it's big and heavy but I obviously don't use this backpacking.

IMG_9550.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The only time we tent camp is when we are backpacking. So we go lightweight.

Our current tent is a Marmot Twilight II

It is a sub 6 lb 3-season 2-person. So far it has seen it all. 50+ mph wind, hail, down-pouring rain, etc. We have used it for brief snow trips too. Did fantastic. It breathes well, and we stay dry.

Fantastic tent. Dual doors + vestibules for a loads of gear stowage. Duke gets one vestibule, the packs get the other. :sombrero:

Here it is on a recent trip. I didnt even stake the tent down. Just the fly.

twilight2.jpg

barlowrs

Explorer
Look at all these people using the base camp 6 for families....haha We use it for just the two of us (yes it is huge, but it fits our nice comfy cots quite well) haha:

IMG_2515.jpg

And when I have to actually hike in with a tent, or at high alt for climbing or mountaineering I have a Sierra Desings Omega 2 person...this is amazing..it has survived whiteout up at 14K + feet and is lighter than heck:

Sierra-Designs-Omega-Tent---2-Person,-4-Season-07.jpg

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
While the Sierra Desings Omega is a great tent, it is not exactly light for what it is. But at least it is cheap.

I remember looking at it when shopping. It weighs nearly 8lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles