Post your tents

Honu

lost on the mainland
cool looking rig ya got :)

Heres a shot of my Ironman RTT on the Patrol.

IMG_0097.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland

is that a yurt next to your tent ?

I take it thats the really big springbar model ? we looked at that and got really close but it was a touch heavy but seemed like a super cool tent !!!
main reason I think its that is the side windows which I like :)
any thoughts on the tent and why ya got it over the smaller but normal models :)
any thoughts on the weight etc.. ?

sourdough

Adventurer
This is the Lifetime trailer that used to be sold at Costco. I believe it has been discontinued. The replacement version isn't nearly as cool.
Just today saw a lifetime for the first time. Owner was picking up a couch with it, he loved his. Nice utility trailer.

Jimhatt

Not a yurt- just a (garagesale find) ez-up canopy with zip in walls.
Got the BIG 16x12 Springbar, 4 windows and 2 doors, wanted the extra room, easy 1 person setup,
VERY well made and the fit & finish is awesome, held the heat in great on below freezing nights.

I think they state the weight as 115lbs. but thats both the tent bag and pole bag. It doesnt feel that heavy tho.

My wife got embarrassed when some campers asked how much it costs and I told them, which was odd cuz she
had me buy a honda generator so she could have string lights hanging from tree to tree to tree to tree.

Springbar Tent is ranked high as 1 of my best camping purchases!

Honu

lost on the mainland
ahhhh kinda looked like a yurt or something the way the tarp thing was pulled around :)

agree nice tent ya have there :)

gb043075

Tepui Gran Sabana - Very happy with it!

Attachments

• gran sabana 1.JPG
    gran sabana 1.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 49
  • gran sabana 2.JPG
    gran sabana 2.JPG
    503.5 KB · Views: 48

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
hello doing research on a rtt purchase anyone have the howling moon star gazer????

Have not used it but spent some time looking over Howling Moon RTTs at OX12 and was very impressed with quality. Was told by the importer they outsell Ezi-awn by a significant margin in Africa.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Cowboy Range Tent

I've been using cowboy range tents for the past 20+ years. All canvas, heavy, and sturdy. My current tent is a 10'x10' from David Ellis Canvas Products in Durango CO. It works excellent in rain, wind, and snow. I can easily set it up myself in less than 10 minutes while drinking a beer!
View attachment 129124

http://www.cowboycamp.net/range_tents.php

Dennis

Attachments

• 2012-10-31_12-54-58_239.jpg
    2012-10-31_12-54-58_239.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 48

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Big Agnes Big House 6 on the banks of Lake Skaha in Penticton, B.C.

Two adults and two kids; set-up time is 7 minutes.

033.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94