The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

Overland Hadley

on a journey
i too cannot see pictures in the posts.

Lots of great info and ideas in this thread too that I want to see!

Sorry,
Not sure what has happened to the photos, a lot of them were hosted here on ExPo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If anyone needs a specific photo, let me know and I can try to dig it up.

Last edited:

rangerdogg

Adventurer
Hello everyone, I have not been around here this summer, thanks for all the well wishes.

UPDATE,

The Tardis is at the factory, having some frame damage repaired, and the exterior re-sided. When the factory is done with the repairs I will trailer the camper back to my shop and go over everything. At that point I will sell the camper as I no longer have a vehicle for this camper. Everything will be back to 100%, and I will be excited to get someone setup with this camper. It will be good to see my work continue on adventuring with someone new, just please send me a few photos from time to time.

If you are interested in purchasing my camper, please send me a PM. Thank you.
Overland Hadley I followed your build and was great to see. It's to bad about truck and camper . Maybe you should hold on to it and save it for future and not let them idiot win. Good luck with sale if you sell it

Willman

Here here to one of the best camper/truck builds! 181 pages worth of great material. Sorry she had to go like this.

What's next?

Overland Hadley

on a journey
The camper will be back to normal, I just don't have a truck for it, and so I am selling it.

The camper will continue to be great for someone!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Camper (Formerly known as Tardis) is back from the factory and is 100% structurally good. Below is current sale information. PM me if you are interested. Thanks everyone.

Selling my 2012 FWC Eagle.

The thread detailing the camper is here, Tardis. (Custom interior, SMEV sink and four burner hob, Wave heater, propane locker, Whale water pump, LED lights, Fantastic Fan, lifting struts, jerry can mounts, roof rack, four corner jacks.....) A few photos are still live towards the end of the thread.

For those not familiar, the camper was on my Tacoma when it was stolen. The camper went to the factory for a full teardown to look for damage. It now has new siding! The camper is 100% structurally sound.

I have the camper back here in Seattle. My exterior components and accessories were removed when the camper was resided. It needs some electrical work depending on what exterior lights are reinstalled.

I have a full load of other projects, and won't be able to work on the camper till next winter. It would be good for me (loans) if I could sell it before then.

If you are looking for an Eagle camper, and would like a little project, this might be the camper for you. I would be happy to show it to you.

Currently the camper is on a trailer, I can sell it on the trailer or we can put it on your truck.

Looking for $9,500 for the camper.

Thanks!

southpier

Expedition Leader
....current sale information. PM me if you are interested. Thanks everyone.

sorry to read about this chapter. please leave the thread up for reference for everyone contemplating such an undertaking.

this was always one of my "go to" threads. because you are so articulate and thorough, could you please write up a brief commentary dealing with uncompensated labor and how it affects the value of the final product to anyone who did not do the research, mental and physical effort, and financial outlay to a project as this? (with regard to resale)

I believe it would make people think things out and make better decisions regardless of their specific undertaking.

I think because we do a lot of work ourselves and spread the investment over months, even years, there is a lost tally/ value to the whole, until it is no longer there. only then do we go back over the project and appreciate the energy expended and sacrifices made to reach the goal.

thanks

LuckyDan

Adventurer
Yes sir, I followed along from planning to the theft in Washington. I am truly sorry for your loss and wish you well with your sale.

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
What an absolutely awful ending to such a personal labour of love!

Whilst the truck and camper are 'things' the love and care put into them are priceless beyond words, likewise the experiences had with them over the years.

To have all that stolen in a moment, never to be the same again is soul destroying, and on top of that the huge financial loss.

I wish the OP well and hope that he's able to resume his adventures at some point.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
x2. Followed his build and adventures from the beginning.

Nathanael, turn the page and keep going!;)

Shout out to you too ET!(y)

.....and this was lame at best.
Check https://www.gasspringsshop.com/ for more information
Hi Wasurf!
The evolution of life. We've been here for a while now. I don't post much here anymore because picture size requirements make it more difficult for me to resize all the images.
I do post much more often on Tacoma World...
I sold my FWC about two years ago and while I do miss it I don't miss the weight on the Tacoma. Even though I had a shell model the Tacoma, even with improved suspension, isn't really the best platform for a popup like a FWC. I've gone to a "work shell" from Tradesman which is close to the FWC headquarters and manufacturing facility in CA. Hope you're doing well. One of these days I'll get to work on my blog site to be unimpeded by moderators and photo limits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles