The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Overland
A simple kill switch you can make yourself. There is a fuse that controls the ECU,which you can pop the fuse,simply solder on one lead of that fuse a small switch and I put a fuse in series with that switch.The other lead of the original fuse is soldered to the other contact on the switch and completes the circuit when turned to the on position. You can hide the switch anywhere you want. Just leave it turned off until you are ready to drive it. I guess a simpler method would be to pull the ECU fuse every time but that would kind of be a pain in the keaster.

Thanks for the info.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
So, who wants to help start a community collection plate so Natey-poo can finally get his camper? He's been saving for a year....that's like a new world record (for an American).

My girlfriend aproves this message.

:)

In all seriousness, I decided on a FWC in June 2010, so if I can order one this winter I will have planned (and saved) for a year and a half. In the meantime I have refined my vision for the camper, and am now planning on an Eagle instead of a Finch. I have also researched and procured items for the interior, including some things from EU that are higher quality than we can get here in NA. And I have been enjoying the research and learning phase (sometimes a little too much), I now know more about all kinds of truck campers than I did before.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
A cool idea for keeping things light.

Hi there. It is CELUCA PVC (Plastic) Foam. Used in Kitchen tables and working tops.
I have cutted all the furniture in a CNC machine. It was made from the Voronoi geometry, then i have aplied a Computer Script, so that i would be able to calculate the weight stress, and considering the full weight all the interior ikea boxes would have, how much could i take from it turning it as light as possible. In the end i could turn the weight to almost half!

5952762206_fe52c73a78_b.jpg

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Galley Faucet

I was ordering some marine parts from binnacle.com, so I also ordered the Whale water pump for the FWC. (The best price I could find MK3 was still at binnacle, 25% less than most places.)

I needed to decide on a faucet to go with the water system. I looked at shower/faucet systems, but they are made for a pressurized water system and are expensive. So in the end I decided on a simple spout, as that is all I need with a manual pressure system.

I have used these Whale extendable spouts on a couple boats, and have never had an issue with them. They are easy to keep out of the way when not needed, and can be extended to fill large pots or water bottles. They also have a nice steady flow of water.

24081.jpg

WHALE TELESCOPIC SWIVELLING FAUCET

Water pump will be a Whale Gusher Galley MK3 Foot Pump.

24207.jpg

I have used these pumps for years and have never had a single problem with one. The foot pump is really nice while cooking, and using one has become second nature to me. (I rarely turn on the pressurized water system on the boat, the foot pump is easier to use and wastes a lot less water.) The pump is mounted on the floor behind the cabinet, with the foot pump sticking out a small hole.

Some of the good points about this pump:

Self primes
Double action pump
4 gallons per minute
Easy to pump dry for freezing nights
And it uses no battery power

Binnacle.com has the best price on them. Link

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I am looking for a measurment from somebody who has a newer Eagle (etc) that has the 6'4'' headroom.

What is the height of the lower lifting pannel? (The one that has the mirror on it.)

Thanks much!

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I am also looking for another measurement as well. This one from the side of the door frame to the edge of the camper, on the drivers (wider) side. This will need to be from a newer camper that has the radius door.

Thanks!

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
here you go ...

<< I am looking for a measurment from somebody who has a newer Eagle (etc) that has the 6'4'' headroom >>

<< What is the height of the lower lifting pannel? (The one that has the mirror on it.) >>

Approx. 22 1/2" inches tall

<< Measurement from the side of the door frame to the edge of the camper, on the drivers (wider) side.>>

Approx. 23 1/2"

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Lift Panel Storage

Thought one of these would work as a nice storage solution on the rear lifting panel. I am thinking keys, headlamps, and maps/brochures.

10564.jpg

I will also put one at the front of the camper, as a place to stash small things needed in the night.

blueperformance.com

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Exterior Trash Storage

I want a semi secure place to store trash on the exterior. You know, a place to keep a bag of smelly rotten food.

I thought about a Trash-a-Roo, but they are just too big for my needs, as I am quite good at keeping my trash to a minimum.

Then I saw a thread over on WTW where Lighthawk used an aluminum cabinet made by Pit Posse as a fuel holder. PP makes a variety of cabinets, and this one's size looks like it will work best for me as a trash container. I will mount it under the AT jerry can holder.

Aluminum Cabinet

One thing for sure, I will be scratching off the Pit Posse name.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I think a bigger trash can than your own needs is okay... in case you need to collect other people's trash.

I have this for a trash bag. The size is smaller than the trash-a-roo but the quality is excellent.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MSA-Rear...ar_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4cf9394683#shId

True about carrying a bigger trash container, but I do have limited space on the rear of the camper.

From your link it does not look like it is shipped outside of Australia, how did you get yours?

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
Hmmm.....that trash bag looks a bunch like our Wheelie Bin from Howling Moon.

Attachments

• Wheelie Bin.jpg
    Wheelie Bin.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz