The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Have you written up the led light bar yet? If so I missed it. Looks good. That doesn't look like the Toyota grill badge either. :cool:

:), finally after 18 months of watching ebay I put together a Rigid Industries driving light-bar setup! No write up on it, (sadly) most things that I do to the truck itself go un-posted. I am soooo happy with the Rigids, they are just miles ahead of the incandescent ARB-IPF lights. The specs are: a 20" E series in spot/flood combo and two Hyperspots with amber lenses. The amber Hyperspots are for staying on the road when visibility gets bad, they do a good job of cutting through fog/snow/dust. The E series lights up the moon! Rigid LEDs are truly amazing.

The front of the truck looks nothing like the 2007 that it is. I have had a couple people ask me about the model of the truck as they are confused by the front treatment. I have just had fun keeping the front looking current, and yes it wears a Toyota Trucks badge in replacement for the standard Toyota one.

takesiteasy

Adventurer
Thanks for the info. I'll bet there is as much interest in the truck mods as there is in the camper. Maybe you need another thread... :truck:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Thanks for the info. I'll bet there is as much interest in the truck mods as there is in the camper. Maybe you need another thread... :truck:

I had a big one, but when I started this camper thread I abandoned it. Now most of the photos do not show and I consider it dead. (It is still linked in my signature line.)

takesiteasy

Adventurer
I had a big one, but when I started this camper thread I abandoned it. Now most of the photos do not show and I consider it dead. (It is still linked in my signature line.)

Thanks for reminding me, I remember following it now. I enjoy reading your posts. Maybe I should have said you need a new truck thread... :)

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Where did you go through Nebraska? I'm about 30 min from the western sandhills.

This time we went down past Toadstool Geological Park. I have gone up and down through western Nebraska on most of the main roads, still enjoying exploring the remote places in that area.

It does not matter the location, if I am on a dirt road and there is a sign for a place 30/60/80 miles down the road I get excited.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
MPG

Autumn 2014 MPG.

Averaged 17 mpg over the trip. The trip across the plains does kill the average. Once in Colorado/Utah did constantly better than 17.

Made sure to stay at or under 65mph the entire time, and that really helps. Going 55 is much better, but to slow compared to other traffic.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Ceiling Trim

Tore the trim off the ceiling of the camper, for the second time. When I got the camper I took out the factory ceiling trim and installed a super lightweight wood looking trim. It looked ok, but not great. It did not make me happy. So I bought some mahogany and put a honey stain on it. Now that makes me happy! And it should nicely match the flooring.

No photos at this point, still making the trim....

Overland Hadley

on a journey
(I am sorry but I forget who the inspiration for this was, I know it was not my original idea. If anybody knows who posted about this earlier this year please let me know.)

The originator has been found!

It was Alley-Kat on his thread on WtW. There are lots of other good ideas on his thread, good to check it out.

Whew, I feel much better knowing who put the idea in my head. Thanks for the great idea Alley-Kat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke