The TARDIS - A Four Wheel Camper Build

Overland Hadley

on a journey
a favorite stop along a river, in the middle of the plains

c6jc.jpg

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I'm sure you posted this before, but where did you get those cool hitch steps?

Here is the info. :)

It is by Tentrax. They make ''unlimited off road trailers'' and one of their accessories is this hitch step. There is really no info on their website, but here is where it is listed, third down. http://www.tentrax.com/accessories/accessories.html

step2.jpg

These are expensive steps, yup $255. I was able to get mine used for about half that, still expensive though. But it is solid and lightweight and that fits the bill.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
You're livin my dream....

Thank you for the compliment.

For me, it has been all about compromise. I have been very lucky to be able to make the compromises in my life in order to pursue my goals. But I doubt most people would like to make the compromises that I have made.

It is similar to a boat owner I once talked to. He owned a nice sailboat, but noted that to own the boat he drove a junker of a car and lived in a small less expensive house.

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Nathaniel

I always love your pictures and following this thread.

If your heading West for any reason, please feel free to come see us at the factory in California. We would love to meet you in person and see your camper!

We will give you the special factory tour.

:)

Stan

stclair

Adventurer
Not sure if I've already asked, but who makes that light bar? I'm hoping to add a winch bumper/lightbar, but who know's when that will happen. However, I've got lights...might as well use them.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Not sure if I've already asked, but who makes that light bar? I'm hoping to add a winch bumper/lightbar, but who know's when that will happen. However, I've got lights...might as well use them.

Sorry for the late reply. The light-bar is Randy Ellis Designs, for what it is I really like it. It is super solid, I can stand on it no problem. So it provides some minor protection for the radiator.

I would like to have an ARB, but I do not like how heavy they are. Aluminess would be nice, but the cost is so high and they are not airbag compliant. (I also know of some problems that have arisen (totaled Tacoma) from a light impact on the side of an ARB bumper, as the crumple zone of the frame is not designed for that kind of side force, and the frame was twisted beyond repair.) So I try to be happy with my light-bar. :)

kmacafee

Adventurer
Sorry for the late reply. The light-bar is Randy Ellis Designs, for what it is I really like it. It is super solid, I can stand on it no problem. So it provides some minor protection for the radiator.

I would like to have an ARB, but I do not like how heavy they are. Aluminess would be nice, but the cost is so high and they are not airbag compliant. (I also know of some problems that have arisen (totaled Tacoma) from a light impact on the side of an ARB bumper, as the crumple zone of the frame is not designed for that kind of side force, and the frame was twisted beyond repair.) So I try to be happy with my light-bar. :)

Greetings

I did a lot of research before buying an Aluminess front bumper and based on what I found, they are indeed airbag compliant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne