Immaculate Unimog 416 DOKA w 20 sp transmission FOR SALE

CruiserMog

It has come time to part with my beloved Mog. My wife and I are expecting our first child, and I'm slowly accepting the fact that I won't have time to play with the mog. I hope it goes to a good home.

Here are the specs:

1970 416 DOKA LIST PRICE $29,500
Link to photos: http://gallery.me.com/sethwarren/100068
NO RUST, immaculate condition
69K KMs Somewhere just over 3000 hrs (I have to go check)
Standard axles
20 sp cascade transmission
Front and rear hydraulics and PTOs
Tipper with cylinder
NEW XM47 14.5/20 tires
aftermarket seats, "hi-top" roof
Atkinson Vos dog house cover
12V electrical
Truck is registered, inspected, and insured in the State of VT

I've been through this truck pretty thoroughly, all fluids and filters have been changed, there currently are no leaks, body is perfect, the only flaw is one tiny dent under the rear driver's side door handle, you have to look carefully to find it, I can provide a photo. NO RUST underneath, I can provide photos to prove that as well. Mechanically the truck is rock solid, I'd drive it across the country tomorrow. There are only a few minor mechanical things to note: the synchros between 3rd and 4th and 4th and 5th are worn, you need to double clutch between them. This hasn't been a big issue for me because 90% of my road driving is in 5th and 6th, or the split gears in between. Due to the cascade tranny, the intermediate gears fall in between the road gears, so you can effectively split each road gear, giving you 4th, 4 and a half, 5th, 5 and a half, etc. Really helps the road manners, the tighter ratios help you stay squarely in the torque curve. The pipe fitting on the main air line leaving the compressor leaks a little, but the truck comes up to pressure upon starting quickly. The rubber gasket around the dog house cover is rather deteriorated, which allows a little more heat to radiate through the dog house than it would otherwise, it's not an expensive repair, just hasn't been a big deal for me. These are the only issues I'm aware of, and I'll happily discuss them and other details of the truck with anyone.

In addition to the truck, I have an FL4 loader in excellent condition which I'm asking $3900 for, and a set of 4 NEW RUD diamond pattern 12.5/20 tire chains which are still in their original factory delivery bags for $500. I am told they fit the 14.5 XM-47s, but have never mounted them so can't confirm that.

I'm located near Woodstock VT. If anyone has specific questions, photo requests, etc I'll reply as soon as possible.

I hope the buyer loves this truck as much as I have! Time to move on to a new exciting chapter in my life I guess....

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Here's a picture of Seth's to prove his Mog is handsome enough that you should click on the picture link. :)

sethmog.jpg

SCRover

Adventurer
Frankly, I'm a little disturbed by the amount of dust that has accumulated on the undercarriage... and the orange clashes with my eyes. Otherwise, not bad. Not bad at all.

DavidG

Adventurer
She's a beauty! Good luck with the sale...and congrats on making the big league. Your rig is listed on BringATrailer.com!

CruiserMog

Haven, they are very close to 5' long by 6' wide, but I'll take more exact measurements and get back to you.

Plow Guy

Tire Chains for Unimog

Question: Do you still have the RUD Tire Chains size 12.5 / 20?

I am very interested in them as we've received our first snow of the winter season here in the Okanogan highland in North Central Washington. I plow 22 miles of off-pavement roads for our home owners association and I have worn my present set of chains completely out.

Will you please give us a call at (509) 486-1081?
e-mail address is: judy.vader@gmail.com if you prefer. We, personally, enjoy actually talking on the phone.

Will be waiting to hear from you. Thanks so much!
Plow Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne