Fierce brand tires?????

bronconut

Observer
We've been putting a lot of them on oil field trucks with good results so far, cheaper than comparable sizes of BFG's and Goodyear's.

96discoXD

Adventurer
Another inexpensive mud tire worth looking at is the Sigma Mud Claw. They're made by TCB or TBC, which is a private label tire manufacturer, the largest in the US. I just put a set of these in 265/75R16 load range E on my GMC sierra, and have put a few hundred street miles on them already. They track well on the street and don't make much noise. I think they will do well off road, but will require careful throttle application in sand or loose soil to avoid digging holes. I paid $160 out the door at a local tire shop.

OTR

Adventurer
Another inexpensive mud tire worth looking at is the Sigma Mud Claw. They're made by TCB or TBC, which is a private label tire manufacturer, the largest in the US. I just put a set of these in 265/75R16 load range E on my GMC sierra, and have put a few hundred street miles on them already. They track well on the street and don't make much noise. I think they will do well off road, but will require careful throttle application in sand or loose soil to avoid digging holes. I paid $160 out the door at a local tire shop.
Interesting....too bad no 18" option. My problem is location, Fairbanks,AK. I looked into a set of treadwrites but shipping is more than the tires. The best deal I can find in town is actually Sears and they beat the next guy by $200 and it includes a road hazard replacement warranty. So it looks like it will cost me $1,400 for a set of Firestone Destination M/T's, $550 more than the ones that I'm replacing:smilies27 I can't complain to much, I got 50,000 miles out of them on a full size truck with lots of towing and off roading.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Goodyear has announced recently that they are going to drop the Fierce brand and incorporate the "Attitude" as an entry level Goodyear tire. Not sure when but you can usually find the Attitude at pretty good discounts all over the place.
Goodyear further announced that the Dunlop Mud Rover Maxx Traction will be totally eliminated.

These two tires hit the shelves at the same time as the well-respected Duratrac and are pretty much the same girl with different make-up and hair color.
Nothing wrong with the Attitude at all except for the very wankerish barbed wire bas-relief on the sidewall.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23481

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php

RocKrawler

Supporting Sponsor
Hilldweller; your second link is dead. I have never seen that tire (attitude) personally, looks like an interesting tread pattern.
A customer came in with a new set of treadrites yesterday and they really threw me off - says Toyo AT on the sidewall, and has a Goodyear MTR tread pattern. They look well made, I suppose time will tell on how well they hold together. The shop we had them mounted at after installing his lift warned us that in VA its illegal to run retreads and said that the inspection guidelines book notes its a $550 per tire fine, but the inspector/officer would have to notice it.

DarinM

Explorer
I'm getting ready to buy a set of Fierce Attitudes for my Jeep. I am not a fan of the barbed wire, but for the price I can live with it. The local tire store I'm buying from has sold quite a few of them and the manager (a Jeep guy) has said they've gotten really good comments on their performance and longevity. When he's in a position to sell me something for alot more money and recommends these as a really good option, this seems worth listening to. FYI - it's Lambs Tires in Austin - this is the store on McNeil just north of 183. I give them :26_7_2: I've been very pleased with Lambs and I've been to a couple of their stores here.

I'll post up in a few months with my observations.
Most of my driving is highway, but I will be doing some rock playing in a month or so, then a road trip to Baja, and who knows what else.
I'm moving up from the stock size to 305/70/16s.

More to follow. Have a nice day!

96discoXD

Adventurer
I'm getting ready to buy a set of Fierce Attitudes for my Jeep. I am not a fan of the barbed wire, but for the price I can live with it. The local tire store I'm buying from has sold quite a few of them and the manager (a Jeep guy) has said they've gotten really good comments on their performance and longevity. When he's in a position to sell me something for alot more money and recommends these as a really good option, this seems worth listening to. FYI - it's Lambs Tires in Austin - this is the store on McNeil just north of 183. I give them :26_7_2: I've been very pleased with Lambs and I've been to a couple of their stores here.

I'll post up in a few months with my observations.
Most of my driving is highway, but I will be doing some rock playing in a month or so, then a road trip to Baja, and who knows what else.
I'm moving up from the stock size to 305/70/16s.

More to follow. Have a nice day!

Another consideration, particularly if you're going to be in an environment with lots of rocks is sidewall protection. I ended up getting rid of my GMC with the sigma mud claws I had, and when it came time to put tires on my jeep I opted for BFG Mud Terrain KM2's because they have a tough 3-ply sidewall. I think most of these less expensive tires are only running a 2-ply sidewall. I plan on getting out into the back country with my jeep and don't want to worry as much about cutting a sidewall. Just my opinion after some reflection on my earlier choices.

DarinM

Explorer
The Fierce tires are a 2 ply sidewall. I looked at that. I don't do much in areas with alot of rocks - nothing like I used to. I think (hope) they will be OK for my purposes.

Glad you mentioned that as it is certainly something worthwhile to conisder.

sigma mud claw tires

i have had these mud claw tires on my jeep now for about ten thousand miles and they are just now starting to show signs of wear. i have a 2000 cherokee with 33x12.50. they are not as loud on the road as you would think. they push a little hard down the road, but most mud tires do. the tread cleans out well but they are a bit diggy for the sand. i like the tread pattern they do work well but my only problem with them is they pop off the bead way too easy. i have been wheeling now for over twenty years and i have had almost every brand of tire and never had this problem. i have had bigger tires at lower pressures and not had this happen. other than that they seem like a pretty decent tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94