Stand Up Paddle, er SUP

Pax2525

Adventurer
SUP Advice

Hey man,
I am a SUP Surfer. I actually surf where that video is filmed and have seen the shark multiple times. But all that is besides the point. What kind of stuff are you wanted to do? Are you looking more for surfing or touring on a board? Thats the first thing you have to recognize, next what type of board material you want. Let me know what you thinking and your size and I can point you in the right direction.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I thought I'd revive this thread! After months oogling the neighbors every time we went to California I finally got to try SUP over this past 4th of July. I totally fell in love with it...it was easy and I got a great workout without really knowing it.

IMG_5204.JPG

Now I'm in the market for one, but the reality is I live in Phoenix. We have lots of lakes here, but nothing right outside my door. Also, my other half isn't interested at all in water sports so I'd be either doing this solo or trying to tag along with others, so I'm not sure how much use it will actually get.

I'd really like one of the Ocean Kayak models which doubles as both a kayak and SUP, but at 10-12ft I worry about being able to carry it easily. I've also been looking into the inflatable SUP's, but none double as a kayak and most are VERY expensive. I'm really not willing to drop more than $500 on something I'm not sure I'll still be using in a year. Yes, I've been looking on craigslist. Not to mention the Inflatables don't seem to track in the water as well as the hybrid style. But I do like the portability.

I guess for now I'll bide my time and rent or figure out a way to carry one of the solid boards. Maybe by the time I'm ready for purchase the industry will have come up with some new innovations.

Any other new SUP'ers out there?

transition

paddle board in South Florida, mainly Miami up to Singer Island and the Florida Keys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400980921938.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400980921938.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1400980980711.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400980980711.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member