I joined the Cult

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Looks good Jim! Much better than the original pics. What did the LED back up lights run from AT? I might have to get a pair of those.

Thanks Dave! They did come from A/T. Martyn normally stocks the flush mount version but he gladly special ordered the flush mount version for me. It was also really handy to be able to manually turn them on for lighting up the camp area.

rdraider

Adventurer
Thanks Dave! They did come from A/T. Martyn normally stocks the flush mount version but he gladly special ordered the flush mount version for me. It was also really handy to be able to manually turn them on for lighting up the camp area.

How did they work. i'm looking for some to put on the back of my slide in unit i'm building.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
How did they work. i'm looking for some to put on the back of my slide in unit i'm building.

They work well but I'd hesitate to say that they will be great for you. If you have a lot more ambient light then you'll want brighter backup lights because that trailer's rear end and the area behind it are a long way back from the driver's mirrors.

I found that out in the boondocks they gave plenty of light because it was pitch black otherwise. They are much brighter that the two little bulbs on the back of my 4Runner and those are blocked by the trailer anyhow.

Try some experiments with a simple flood light or some old foglights and set one at the back of your trailer to see how it looks at night from your mirrors.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Jim,

Great trip report. Looks like you had a great time and found some interesting stuff, as usual.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Jim,

Great trip report. Looks like you had a great time and found some interesting stuff, as usual.

You probably know enough about me to see that forums are not what I live for. They are a nice tool for mass communications but they are not what the real world revolves around.

kjp1969

Explorer
I need to get out a map and see what sorts of explorin' is in need of plannin'!
:smiley_drive: :safari-rig: :REAdvRockClimber: :rappel: :camping: :campfire:

We should do this live, in person! HB/FV area meetup to check out Jim's crimp connectors? I live on a cul-de-sac with plenty of parking and a fridge in the garage. . .

jdholder

Explorer
We should do this live, in person! HB/FV area meetup to check out Jim's crimp connectors? I live on a cul-de-sac with plenty of parking and a fridge in the garage. . .

Let's do it!! I'll bring and AT trailer and we can compare crimps! :)

kjp1969

Explorer
What day? I am very flexible for the rest of the month

Let's plan a trip planning session?

Generally Speaking, is a weekday evening compatible with everyone's schedule? I'm picturing a whole buncha maps, a few beers, and a really big table.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Generally Speaking, is a weekday evening compatible with everyone's schedule? I'm picturing a whole buncha maps, a few beers, and a really big table.

I have access to such a table, in Anaheim, near the 5 and Katella. Seats a LOT people....
ExpertSuites_lg-conf_room.jpg

map-300.gif

Trailer parking might be a challenge though, particularly with the rain (street doesn't drain well). I think can make this meeting room available this Wednesday afternoon/evening (it's not my office, but its "in the family" so to speak).

Last edited:

jdholder

Explorer
I have access to such a table, in Anaheim, near the 5 and Katella. Seats a LOT people....
ExpertSuites_lg-conf_room.jpg

map-300.gif

Trailer parking might be a challenge though, particularly with the rain (street doesn't drain well). I think can make this meeting room available this Wednesday afternoon/evening (it's not my office, but its "in the family" so to speak).

Will there be beer? That middle part about the beer was kinda important!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles