I joined the Cult

teotwaki

Excelsior!
http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com/2014/02/my-expedition-vehicle-trailer.html

Here it is at Cleghorn Road in Cajon Pass on the day I bought it.

trailer%2B001-1.jpg

trailer%2B003-1.jpg

We'll see if I still like it in the morning :elkgrin:

Lightly Used, but was built in Oct 2009
Dexter axle, spring over, electric brakes, Rancho shocks
Tail gate, removeable
Camping Labs 8'x6' tent
Lid, hinged and removeable
15 gallon stainless steel water tank
Kyocera 65 Watt Solar panel on retractable slides, detachable for optimum placement
dual Optima blue tops in a lockable nose box with solar charge controller
1500 watt Xantrex inverter
Lock N Roll hitch
Powder coated paint almost everywhere
Leaf Springs with Poly bushings, Procomp front YJ springs with 2'' of lift
Integrated rear hitch receiver
Nice coiled 7-Pin electrical cable

Negatives (minor):

will dump the giant tires and 5 bolt drums for something similar to my 4Runner (complete)
wiring is in need of improving
lid and tailgate are not lockable
need a better solar charge controller
tailgate fits tight but could use thin rubber weatherstripping on the sides (complete)
needs some touch up in some areas of the paint
the built in nose stand is difficult to use if the thing is nose-heavy
right rear shock looks to have been "kissed" by the nearby spring (lowest leaf had rotated about 3/4", pounded it back)
need to buy a brake controller (Tekonsha Prodigy 2 installed in 4Runner)

By 2017 it will have undergone numerous improvements and accompanied me on many adventures across the Southwest United States
NKN_2185-1.jpg

Last edited:

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Congratulations on your new trailer, I am in the same position and should pick mine up this weekend, completely different design then yours but I have different needs.:sombrero:

Once again your trailer looks very nice, I hope you get alot of use!:victory:

...and use is what I am selling to my self!:wings:

ddog45

Adventurer
Looks sweet you will love having a trailer rtt. My trailer is packed at all times all I have to do is unplug it from the wall and put beer in the fridge. Leave it the way it is and go enjoy it.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Congratz on a sweet trailer

Brake controller

Wiring Harness

I'm guessing your trailer axle drums can be gotten in a 6 on 5.5 "lug centric" pattern, so, in order to match your T4R, which I'm also guessing has "hub centric" rims...that means you will have to convert your new "lug centric" drums to "hub centric" , so you'll need Spidertrax

good luck, Pat

p.s. what is the rack on the T4R if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Congratulations, and welcome to the other side ...

Looks like a nice trailer. How was it towing behind your 4Runner?

DrMoab

Explorer
If those wheels are 5 on 4.5 and they are 17 inch wheels I may be interested in buying them from you.

Those are the exact same wheels I have on my Jeep and I really want to put a matching set on my trailer.

kjp1969

Explorer
Jim, very nice trailer, congrats !! I would like to see it sometime. Bring to FV next time your in the area. :)

Smksignals, we share a city near the riff-raff in HB.

And Jim, I'd like to see it too!

I recommend a Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller. Ours has worked very well for our big ole camping trailer for 7 years now.

Do you need a shakedown trip to the Inyos? I think you do.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Looks sweet you will love having a trailer rtt. My trailer is packed at all times all I have to do is unplug it from the wall and put beer in the fridge. Leave it the way it is and go enjoy it.

All of the gripes are very minor as I can take it out as it is. Switching to the same tires as my 4Runner will help lessen the nose down attitude. The other problem is that I cannot flip the hitch over because the nut on the Lock N' Roll was stuck. I've got the threads soaked in some oil right now to help with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles