German 98 Blazer build

:smiley_drive:

dscf2423guan.jpg

blaz

Adventurer
We North Americans have been drooling over those tires for a while now! :Wow1: Don't forget the pics when you get them installed.

Are you serious?
I can't believe that there's something I can get here and you guys can't...

Oh, and I'll post pics for sure when they're installed. They should be here within two and a half weeks...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Those tires have been around in Australia for ever. They are the Simex brand down there. And for some reason they are not sold in the US or Canada?? Let us know what you think when you have driven on them. You are near Brandenburg, no? My family is from the Johanisburg area southeast of Danzig/Gdansk...

Hi,
no, I`m around 800miles from danzig, in the southern part of germany...

Oh, and since I don`t have to go to work on friday, here are my weekend plans:
-finish my custom rear diff cover
-convert the nv233 to manual shift
-install a second ac-compressor for onboard air
-maybe get a rear bumper swingout started

She looks sad without the winch... :icon_shrug:

dscf246729uk.jpg

Ok, the manual nv233 is finished:
The slot for the shifter:

dscf2468hzck.jpg

dscf2469dzv0.jpg

The shifter "linkage":icon_wink: :

dscf2470rlil.jpg

Added a little bling. This shift knob was in all my previous car`s, so i thought I`ll put it in the blazer too:

dscf24712l79.jpg

That bracket prevents the linkage from coming off. I think it`s not necessary but I feel better with it:

dscf24728lvi.jpg

Ok, winch works and is back in...

The waterproof solenoid box:

dscf2474l53d.jpg

And air horn setup:

dscf2473y6mu.jpg

Got the rear swingout started today. Used an old engine hoist for it...

Mockup:

img_0043hdl7.jpg

Welded up:

img_0045gdn0.jpg

There will be a fullsize spare on the left and two jerry cans on the right. Maybe a ammo box too...

Also did the quadbeam mod...

Hi,
there were little steel wheels on the engine hoist with axial and radial ball bearings. I'll weld one of them on top and one on the bottom of the tube on the hinge. There will be a piece of square tube on the car to attach it...

Hope to get time to work on it on friday when I'm back home. It really sucks when you're only at home on weekends. I just can't get the things done I want...

BrodyAzure

personally id get it rubberized, in which would keep anything from rattling and keep it from dinging up the rear hatch. maybe a even a rubber door stop for the top of it that goes behind the window...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles