For Sale: Used Autohome Overland Medium Tent--SOLD

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
This tent is located in Plano, TX and is available for pick up in the DFW area. I'm also willing to ship it to the 48 contiguous states as well.

I might be able to meet the buyer in southwest Colorado October 1st or 2nd, if that helps.

Price is $1000 via PayPal. (These sell for $2200 plus tax/ shipping new.)

The tent is in excellent shape and has treated us well.

Information about the tent can be found here.

I just washed up the tent this morning. In some of the pictures you can still see it drying from getting a nice cleaning.

This is the quickest tent to deploy and stow of any of the clamshell style tents. As a single-wall tent, it’s also the quietest in heavy winds. The canvas used on these is one of the thickest, most durable used in roof top tents.

I recently added the following:

1) Brand new cover. I added this in April and have used it for only 1 week. Otherwise the tent stays garaged and out of the elements. This new cover has several advantages over the old version. It is just slightly larger so that it easily slips over the tent. It is also double-reinforced in all the right places (all corners, over the ladder, and all along the edges.)
2) I added new mosquito nets.

Here’s the front, back, and side view:

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-6.jpg Autohome Overland Medium Tent-5.jpg Autohome Overland Medium Tent-7.jpg

Here are a few from the front:

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-25.jpg Autohome Overland Medium Tent-24.jpg Autohome Overland Medium Tent-9.jpg

From the back (note the color variations are due to the tent drying after I washed it):

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-10.jpg

Here’s water beading up on the fabric:

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-23.jpg

Here’s the ladder. There are two places to adjust the height of the ladder:

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-15.jpg Autohome Overland Medium Tent-16.jpg

To be continued with more photographs...

Last edited:

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Here’s the strap to keep bedding in place when stowing:

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-17.jpg

There are two support poles for the other awning. I’ve never used these as the awning on the trailer was in the way. All of the marks on the aluminum poles are simply surface oxidation and rub right off. Also shown is the location where they go into the tents frame for supporting the secondary awning.

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-20.jpg Autohome Overland Medium Tent-21.jpg

Here’s a view inside. The mattress is in excellent shape. We always used another sheet to cover the mattress. We found that to be much easier to keep the tent clean and could easily be washed and replaced.

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-22.jpg

The doors/ awnings have a storm flap inside to secure them during inclement weather:

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-19.jpg

One of the side windows has a small hole in the bug netting. This can be repaired, but honestly, we never noticed an issue with it. We never had any bugs enter the tent, even in mosquito filled climates.

Autohome Overland Medium Tent-14.jpg

Please PM me with your offer or if you have any further questions.

Tony DeSanto

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Tony, what are you switching too? This is a nice tent, if i had spare cash i'd sell ours and get this. Good luck with the sale.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Thanks, Dave, for the compliment. This tent has been great. What we like most about it is how quickly it sets up and how quickly you can stow it and be on your way. Being in Texas, we usually have long, long, long, long drives on our trips. We frequently arrive after dark and sometimes try to get moving early in the morning. This tent has saved us a lot of time and has saved me from hotel costs when en route.

We're switching to a Globetrotter for the extra space, but we are giving up the setup speed and the quiet that this tent provides.

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
I've had a few inquiries about shipping. After further investiagation, it looks like I can ship it for around $200-240.

Willman

Bump for Tony!

We're switching to a Globetrotter for the extra space, but we are giving up the setup speed and the quiet that this tent provides.

Sweet Tony!!!! We need to do a trip with ya soon! I miss our evening fest with all that good food!

:drool::drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles