FGs for sale

yabanja

Explorer
I would like to see a new thread somewhere with a discussion of these conversions. Would be nice if RC truck sales could pipe in and let us know what they are offering. There is likely a large client base here for them....

Allan

Randy in Maine

I would certainly like to learn more about the conversions. I just hear on the interweb of auto trans failures (with both the fuso and the NPR) and did not know if I should go for a stick even though they don't have an overdrive or a 2 speed rear end.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I would certainly like to learn more about the conversions. I just hear on the interweb of auto trans failures (with both the fuso and the NPR) and did not know if I should go for a stick even though they don't have an overdrive or a 2 speed rear end.

I'd opt for a 4bt and allison, if you have the choice.

DzlToy

Explorer
That body style did not come into production until 2005 and ran until 2011 (I think) when the current cab style was released, new Duonic trans, etc)

It is the FG84 and the previous iteration (gray trim at front of cab and two rectangular headlamps) was FG649.

I would presume that a dedicated plow truck would be covered in rust unless it received additional undercoating and/or thorough daily cleanings to neutralise the sand, water, calcium chloride, soduim chloride and/or magnesium chloride used on the roads.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Yes, it could be about to break in two. But it might be worth a look for someone interested. I have personally seen vehicles from Lima, NY have their frames break right in two.

Last edited:

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Agree it is an Amesz build, I love mine and would not part with it. Hans Amesz used to build a great camper. This will make a great base for someone.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy

DzlToy

Explorer
That is a CM truck bed, VERY nice bed and $$$ for sure.

If the huck bolts were removed and the bed is attached with appropriately graded hardware, I see no issues with it. I have certainly seen much worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles