FGs for sale

blackduck

Explorer
Interesting, I had not realize that they made that old style and new style side by side for as many years!

I dont think they do
we get all the stuff they cant sell dumped on our market
compliance plates dont count for anything
and its not just trucks
here you can buy last years technology at 3 times the price

yabanja

Explorer
I dont think they do
we get all the stuff they cant sell dumped on our market
compliance plates dont count for anything
and its not just trucks
here you can buy last years technology at 3 times the price

From what I understand, the current Mongolian model canter is identical to my 2000 model!

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Here is a couple of 2013/14 FUSO FG EarthCruiser in Mongolia (zero emission engines) we are building on the dual cab there as well. The cabs are updated from 2007 trucks from home (Aus) but the engines are from tractors......
Mongolia dual cab for EC.jpg
Mongolia EarthCruiser.jpg

DzlToy

Explorer
"obvious question" = how do you have an engine from a tractor, or anything else for that matter with "zero" emissions?

In the US, we have ULEV (Ultra Low Emission Vehicle), SULEV (Super Ultra.....), and PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) for combustion engines. As such, "zero" emissions would only apply to a fully elelctric powertrain, charged from wind or solar, since coal plants do produce emissions.

On a similar note, I recently came across this, unfortunately it's not for sale yet:

Wrightspeed has retrofitted an Isuzu NPR with their Route™ powertrain. The NPR holds 70% of the world's cab-forward box truck market. With its conventional diesel powertrain, the NPR averaged about 12 miles per gallon in a city/urban test cycle. With the Route™, under the same test conditions, Wrightspeed measured 44 miles per gallon.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
This FG84 is mine. I had bought it with a motorhome conversion planned but something else has come up and I have decided to sell it.

The truck used to belong to from a hobby farmer who had only used it around the farm and for short trips into town.......so no offroad work other than that. Judging by the new appearance of the interior, I would say that it had been garaged its whole life. It originally had a tipper on the back so the very rear of the chassis has been bobbed off and the hydraulic pump mount / drive assembly is still fitted to the transmission...perfect if you wanted to fit a hydraulic winch. It has only done 34,000kms and everything still looks, feels and sounds new.

I just threw on a brand new set of tubeless 17.5" wheels and Michelin XZTs. The cab has been fully soundproofed with Dynamat ... even up under the dash and I rustproofed the cab at the same time. I can negotiate a price to provide ATW wheels, suspension, etc if anyone wanted that as a better package.

I should mention that this the base-spec version of the FG84 without the electric windows, central locking or airbags....that means you can do any custom bar work without needing to worry about compliance for airbag compatibility.......which is why I went looking for this model in the beginning. I have also fitted some neat 2wd FE parts like the snorkel, flares, black grill, etc.

Having kept a close eye on what else is on the market, I have no doubt that this would be the best FG84D presently for sale in the country. Price to anyone here is $47k AuD with RWC. It isn't advertised anywhere else yet but I will probably put it up on Trucksales in a couple of weeks if no one here wants it. Presently located in Yandina. Please PM me for further details.

Thanks. John

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Maninga

Adventurer
Wow.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/murwillumbah/campervan/2006-offroad-warrior-motor-home/1059155919

$275,000

image.jpg

image.jpg

Off road Warrior motor home build on 6 tonne 4 WD 2003 Mitsubishi Canter in excellent condition
Tough as nail will go anywhere motor home. Seats 4 sleeps 2. Will need a MR class licence
Specification:

3.9L inline four cylinder turbo Diesel with ECU chip and exhaust, solid axles with semi elliptic leaf springs front and rear 5.714:1 dift ratio. and rear diff lock, up rated spring and dual shocks, 350lt fuel storage, heavy offroad oriented tyres ( 2 spare on remote hydraulic mount for easy access), electric awnings, batteries 4 house and 2 engine, monitoring cameras at front (under bull bar) and rear ( up top between spare wheels looking down), front and rear winch, bull bar, tow bar, air compressor, Honda Generator 3 kVa, solar power, twin gas bottles, rear ladder and roof racks lots of storage ect

Inside

Leather seats, air conditioning, stainless steel kitchen and bathroom appointments, oven and stove combo, double bed LCD TV / DVD, sterio satellite TV reception, 4 seats with seat belts, shower toilot, gas electric hot water, 167lt water tank, water filter system, fire ext, storage, ect ect

As seen in caravan and motorhomes July 2006 and australian 4WD monthly April 2007 magazine features.

Current replacement cost $400,000 plus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz