FGs for sale

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I was hoping for less miles and I am leery of CT due to the rust/frame issues on these but I will look into this one. Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

mijab

I'm going through life so fast it blew all my hair off!
08 F350
67 CJ5
08 Opel 1.3cdti....75hp of turbo diesel POWER! (Mongol Rally 2012)
08 Defender 110

Hard to find an FG where there isn't ice and snow! Pretty much any 07 and earlier is gong to have been worked pretty hard by now. Just look for one that has not been used as a plow truck and have at it. 100k miles is actually low for this truck, IMHO.

dlh62c

Explorer
..... but I will look into this one. Will keep you posted.

All FG's have a stepped frame, it would be interesting to know how this was handled with a standard cargo body installed. Take some pictures if you can of this area and post them. The information will be useful to many.

Check out the cargo body condition as well, people have converted them into living spaces. Depending on your skill set and a staging area in which to work, its something you might consider. All RV's go somewhere to die, these places are a great resources for parts. Removing the rear door and closing it in with a solid wall can be done. What I can't tell from the photos is if the ceiling is aluminum or a translucent roof panel. I'd prefer aluminum.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I was hoping for less miles and I am leery of CT due to the rust/frame issues on these but I will look into this one. Will keep you posted.

I can't speak for CT conditions (salt or not) but my 2002 came from Colorado probably doing the same duty as the CT truck, deliveries year round, hence the need for 4x4 (mine was owned by a furniture store).
Nothing more then a little surface rust on the drive line stuff (diffs, ect) that is a quick clean-up with a wire brush and some painting.
I'm very pro the delivery boxes. Mine has that and although long term plans call for a dedicated camper the box work great as an "aluminum tent". I've used mine quite a bit by putting two ATVs in back, going to the dunes, unloading them and then camping out of the 'box'. Also it is so handy having a 14 foot enclosed box (and lift gate) it is going to be hard living without it, once the camper is build.
Also if the size of the box works for your camper plans, they are a great start for a camper. Very-very well built, all aluminum, etc.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
All FG's have a stepped frame, it would be interesting to know how this was handled with a standard cargo body installed. Take some pictures if you can of this area and post them. The information will be useful to many.

Mine (a 14 foot Marathon box on a 2002 FG) just has 7 inches (two 4x4s {which are 3.5"x3.5" for you non-US readers} stacked) of wood spacing and mounted with U-bolts to the box's metal channel floor frame.
-
Fuso box mount.jpg

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
A mate of mine here in Canberra is selling his 1996 Mitsubishi Canter FG639.
He bought the truck to do a camper conversion, but due to other issues has decided he does not have the time to do this.
The truck is in extremely good condition for its age, both interior and exterior, and only has 15K on the clock. It's a SWB that has been de-rated to 4495Kg, so only needs a normal car license to drive.
Asking price is $17,500, which I think is well below what what it's actually worth.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Canberra...rucks_Commercial_Vehicles&hash=item3cebe02880
PM me if you want direct contact details.

95_canter.JPG

mijab_au

SkiFreak,
Thank you for the tip, however here in the US we are no longer allowed to import any vehicle less than 25 years old that has not been certified by the manufacturer to meet our DOT and EPA regs. which from what I have seen is no vehicles that were not originally destined for sale here in the US.

Thanks,

mijab

I'm going through life so fast it blew all my hair off!
08 F350
67 CJ5
08 Opel 1.3cdti....75hp of turbo diesel POWER! (Mongol Rally 2012)
08 Defender 110

birdirt

A mate of mine here in Canberra is selling his 1996 Mitsubishi Canter FG639.
He bought the truck to do a camper conversion, but due to other issues has decided he does not have the time to do this.
The truck is in extremely good condition for its age, both interior and exterior, and only has 15K on the clock. It's a SWB that has been de-rated to 4495Kg, so only needs a normal car license to drive.
Asking price is $17,500, which I think is well below what what it's actually worth.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Canberra...rucks_Commercial_Vehicles&hash=item3cebe02880
PM me if you want direct contact details.

View attachment 255514

**** TRUCK IS SOLD *****

Thanks very much SkiFreak for your help along the way !

Grant.

Maninga

Adventurer
Looks like a good start for camper conversion.

2013 Mitsibushi Fuso 4x4.

Local 1 Owner Unit

Factory 4x4

Diesel

Automatic

15' Morgan Box

Walk Up All Aluminum Rear Pull Out Ramp

Dual Rear Wheels

Remainder of the Full Factory Warranty

Air

Tow Package with Brake Controller

Very Clean and Well Maintained

image.jpg

alanr

I've just listed my FG140 for sale, it has low mileage and is a very capable expedition camper. Hoping to continue our travels until early 2015 but advertising now.

DSC_0017.jpgDSC_0017.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz