FGs for sale

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hey John, if you have a spare "Scout" body laying around, I would be interested in buying it to put on ythe back of my Iveco Daily 4x4. I missed out on the one that Chris had for sale last week
Rick

Hi Rick,

I guess it was worth asking but very sorry, no more " lying around". That was a one time deal. ATW still have the Scout moulds but have no plans to go back and build more. I could ask that question but I think I already know the answer. The units out there on the road are as tough as nails but that type of fibreglass construction is primitive compared to the infused vinylester technology we use now.

There are a couple of other vehicles I know of for sale though that I have been asked to advertise. There is a cheap bus that i will post in a couple of days and this early 4wd SWB Canter below.

This one was originally a State Emergency Service vehicle.....they were a little bit like the ex-ADF vehicles in that they did very little mileage and sat around alot ...."just in case". It now belongs to a builder that I know and he still uses it daily. The vehicle is located on the Gold Coast. PM me if anyone is interested. It is very clean and not yet advertised anywhere else.

1989 short wheel base.
Only 113,000 km
Aircon
Service body .
Bullbar.
Driving lights.
Uhf radio.
Tow bar.
$14,000 as a bare cab chassis or $18,000 with the service body as shown.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also know of another early SWB but nowhere near as good as this one above. This other one needs a lot of work but would be a cheap project. Again, Private Message me for details.

Regards John

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

I was told about this truck for sale today.

Ex - Rural Fire Service FG637 SWB. 98 model. Only done 12,000 kms!!!

The guy wants $22k for it which i reckon is fair money especially cosidering the low k's. It is located in Noosa right now. I noticed the front panel was slightly dented. Probably someone tilting the cab with the bullbar still up in place. The photo doesn't really show it. Otherwise it's very clean. Never been on the beach. PM me for further details.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

By the way, that other SWB located on the Gold Coast with the toolbox on the back is still for sale ........ and I also know of another SWB coming up that will be very cheap but has had a hard life. This last one has the steel frame of a camper body on the back. It was a project begun. Its in Caboolture. Again PM me.

Regards
john

whatcharterboat

If you click on the pic below, then click again when the attachment comes into a new window, it should bring up a larger version of the advert that you can view clearly.

image.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

This 2nd hand vehicle was up on the ATW website last week for sale on consignment. It has now SOLD.

Regrettably, the owner had to sell due to ill health. Looks like its going to a good home.

image.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

Wow.. put some Michelins on it and it should go pretty nice :p

Hahaha...yeah, yeah. Actually, the boss has pulled GW001 off the market. I think he's planning to hit the road in it early next year.

Andrew, can't believe it's your first wedding anniversary. julie was talking to Carli on Facebook i think. Where did that year go?

If anyone here is interested in my FG84 , please PM me. Only 34000kms. Light farm use only. Super clean. Fully Dynamatted cab. Will make an ideal camper conversion. I can supply with ATW options if required. Just got a couple more things to finish and I'll post pics and price.....want to offer it here first.....if no ones into it, I'll bump the price up and throw it on trucksales.com.au
Regards John

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

This 2nd hand vehicle was up on the ATW website last week for sale on consignment. It has now SOLD.

Regrettably, the owner had to sell due to ill health. Looks like its going to a good home.

View attachment 240974

The new owners of that truck have just had their interview with the American Embassy to apply for an extended 12 month stay in the USA. They told me that they would like to bring their new truck to Overland Expo West next May.

Gatsma

Adventurer
Is/was the triple cab a factory option, or a conversion? Needless to say, never seen one here in the States.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles