Looking for MEtal Maglite type holders

JohnMcD348

Observer
I want to get some of those clamp type holders that they sell for maglites, only metal construction and in varying sizes. I'd like to use them inside my vehicle to hold things like the tire irons, possibly even small hand tools and such along the interior wall. I've looked around at my local big box hardware stores and have come up empty. Part of the reason is I do not know exactly what type of clamp they are called.

Does anyone have the actual name of these brackets?

leman

Adventurer
why not use quickfist. i would be worried about all those items being missles in the account of an accident/wreck/rollover

JohnMcD348

Observer
Yes, But.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/MAGLITE-Flashlight-Clamp-4V028?Pid=search

These are what I'm sort of looking for but I'd like metal ones and in different sizes. I have a couple of sets for my maglites already and they tend to break easily if bumped. But, what I wanted the metal ones for is to allow me to mount them inside the rear cargo area and allow for securing things such as tire irons( I have 2 "X" types for standard and metric) and possibly for holding a small shovel, axe, etc. Mostly though, my thinking is for lighter weight items that wouldn't be removed very often. Also, I'd like something a little more sturdy for my maglites.

JohnMcD348

Observer
why not use quickfist. i would be worried about all those items being missles in the account of an accident/wreck/rollover

It's a possibility but I'm looking for something a little more cost effective. If properly fitted, these should be able to hold an item without worry unless of severe catastrophic impact, in which case the items would probably be torn from the mounted area anyway with the quickfist attached.

edit:

Actually, I just did a Froogle search and found some places that had the older model units for $1-3. That's probably about what the metal items would cost so I guess they are a bit cheaper than I'd thought. Most places I see them listed want $10-20 a piece for them.

JohnMcD348

Observer
Something else I was looking for but haven't been able to find was a mounted rail system with modular hold down points. When I was in the military, all the loading areas and cargo holds had points in them where we could lock chains or other load securing devices into the floor and tension lock them in place. You know, the small cross or "X" shaped points in the floor. Does anyone make a rail system like that, that would allow you to install something like that and be able to secure your gear in place by using straps or even some other proprietary device?

Just curious as I've been trying to come up with ways to properly secure but have relatively easy access/portability to storage boxes of varying sizes in my Bronco.

Metal Twister

Highly Motivated
I dont have any pictures but a buddy of mine years ago took some white PVC tube and made some sweet Mag light holders holders out of them. He cut the PVC to length and then split it length wise with a single cut. He then took about 1 inch parallel cut to remove the 1 inch of material. Rounded the corners, counter sunk a couple holes in the back side of the PVC and it worked great. No slop, tight fit, and looks good.

JohnMcD348

Observer
Those are exactly what I was first thinking about. Metal with a rubberized coating on them. And they even have the varying sizes. I'm revising my idea with a combination of the QuickFists, QuickMounts, and possibly installing trac system in between the bed ridges in the back of the Bronco so that when the carpet/vinyl interior is laying over it, they will be covered and protected.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior