When internet researching for my trip I ran into your forum.
I´m currently preparing a trip heading down to south america starting from Santa Barbara, CA in November 2010 - lasting for 7+ months. Roads used are mostly gravel roads (or worse )
I want to do it with a well suited sidecar.
What I have in mind (basic requirements - though I´m flexible ):
- sidecar usable for tough gravel roads and in very good overall condition - must survive 20.000+ miles without any issues
- enough engine power to cross high mountain passes in the Andes
- maximum velocity: 80+mph / 130+kmh
- fuel capacity: 400+miles / 650+km
- min. spring deflection: 8in. / 200mm
- min. ground clearance: 8in. / 200mm
- sidecar that can sit one person - though mostly used for carrying equipment
- sidecar is equipped with a braking system
- storage volume: 45+gallons / 170+l (fully lockable / weather sealed / dust proof metal boxes)
Does somebody know of a sidecar for sale that fullfils these requirements?
BTW - I am aware of the post of bmweuro here.
Thanks a lot for your help!