F750 4x4

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Replacement

Yes,
Working with Austin Engineering in Sturgis, MI. So far they've been great... but then they haven't actually done one weld yet, so it's early days.

Stay Tuned. I'll update news about it on the EcoRoamer thread.

Cheers,
Jay.

boblynch

Adventurer
Glad to hear you're moving forward. Best of luck with the new builders. Just don't let them paint it fire engine red.

Bob

dragogt

Adventurer
I haven't seen one of the conversions on the road, but I do regularly see the F750 chassis with a custom cargo area around here. There is one in particular that I see almost every day - it's massive!

First yes I know this Old but...

Is this it??

from_Val_661.JPG

If so the dude that owns it uses it for his work truck.. He's a ************ electrician that I'm trying to get to sign up...

Last edited:

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Mine's bigger

And it's real! Not as big or cool as Jay's or with the nostalgic classic flair of Casa Azul, but it's finally happening.

Attachments

• Camper frame 1.jpg
    Camper frame 1.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 19
  • Camper frame 2.jpg
    Camper frame 2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Inside 2.jpg
    Inside 2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 18

Terrainist

Explorer
Congrats on getting things started and quite a chunk of work done. Quite the accomplishment.

Doesn't matter what it is, slide in truck camper or custom camper, but the camper overhang in front - the part that extends over the top of the truck cab - those sometimes begin to sag after some miles, time, and use. It's one aspect that needs to be "over engineered" if there ever was one. Nobody likes a saggy, droopy front of their custom built cabin, especially after all the work that goes into one.

Start a build thread if you have the time and are inclined, just a few pics every now and then? You are doing something I would love to do one day, sure I'm not the only one. Congratulations again regardless!

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Congrats on getting things started and quite a chunk of work done. Quite the accomplishment.

Doesn't matter what it is, slide in truck camper or custom camper, but the camper overhang in front - the part that extends over the top of the truck cab - those sometimes begin to sag after some miles, time, and use. It's one aspect that needs to be "over engineered" if there ever was one. Nobody likes a saggy, droopy front of their custom built cabin, especially after all the work that goes into one.

Start a build thread if you have the time and are inclined, just a few pics every now and then? You are doing something I would love to do one day, sure I'm not the only one. Congratulations again regardless!

Thanks! There won't be any sag, it is a little overbuilt there. I have a build thread on 4wdtrips.net, there are a bunch of guys with the big 4x4 Fords over there so it's a nice spot. Updates are far and few between just because we are very busy.
Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior