Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LC Industries Water Can Pics

Default LC Industries Water Can Pics

After hearing about and reading this thread, I decided to order 3 of the LC Industries Scepter Style Military Water Cans or MWC's. They were $18 bucks each with free shipping over $50, ofcourse the minimum order is $50.
    I do not have any Scepter MWC's to compare them nor have I put these to use as of yet. But here are some reference pictures, perhaps someone having a Scepter can see differences between these LCI ones and the Scepter ones.

Made by LCI mold stamp

Gene- KC2WDZ
    All Star Node: 27329 (allstarlink.org)
    EchoLink Node 511422
    Info/Social Nets - Every Wed & Sun 8pm

Stand on the side of your MWC. The scepters can take the weight of me and much much more. Theres a pic of a rig driving over one somewhere around here.

-Sam
    Tigret Tamer.
    Luxury is the lubricant of life.

Put a little gravel in your travel.

The 2 I have are stamped "Scepter" and Made in Canada (maybe a province on that too). It's towards the bottom of one of the big sides of the can.

As long as you have a few new cans, post if you find a good deal on mounting options! I've seen a few but nothing yet to my liking.
    2009 Tacoma Sport Double Cab Short Bed
    Leeper C/o's up front at 1.5" lift
    TSB + AAL in back for 2" lift
    Rear OME N182 shocks
    Avid Off-Road light bar
    Lightforce 170 HID x2
    Piaa 520 Ambers x2
    Scoop-less hood

cool. I've been on the fence, now will order a few

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tremors834 View Post
    perhaps someone having a Scepter can see differences between these LCI ones and the Scepter ones.

Scepter on right LCI on the left. IIRC the LCI vent cap was not as leakproof as the Scepters on one of 4.. a call to LCI had a new cap shipped out immediately which fixed my issue. Good customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by kcowyo View Post
    Hey Magellan, in addition to $950, you're gonna need a map. Helena is in Montana....

This has been covered several times here on the forum but its worth mentioning again. The BuyLCI MWC's are not 100% identical to a Scepter MWC, particularly the lack of vent o-ring and what seems to be a bit different plastic molding. The molding differences are a non-issue, just an indicator that these are not 'rebadges' of the Scepter products, rather similar spec products. Add a 10 cent o-ring and they are up to snuff.
    http://expeditionportal.com/forum/sh...0&postcount=14
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Your original outfitter for OME - ARB - AA - Safari - Helton - Engel - Since 1992
    Join us on Facebook
    ExpeditionUtah - A lifelong project of exploring Utah
    kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

My LCI jug has been laying flat for the last month and no leaky
    A good value IMO
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by cruiseroutfit View Post
    The BuyLCI MWC's are not 100% identical to a Scepter MWC, particularly the lack of vent o-ring and what seems to be a bit different plastic molding. The molding differences are a non-issue, just an indicator that these are not 'rebadges' of the Scepter products, rather similar spec products. Add a 10 cent o-ring and they are up to snuff.
    Hmm..I don't know about all this. My Scepter water cans are DEFINITELY Scepters. Maybe I'm lookig in the wrong places, but mine don't have a piece of rubber anywhere on them. Then again, they aren't marked "Property of the US Government" either. Perhaps the o-rings were part of the military specifications??:

--Mark

1973 Land Rover 109 SW
    "NO-trail"-rated
    KB1UMJ

Quote Originally Posted by crusader View Post
    Hmm..I don't know about all this. My Scepter water cans are DEFINITELY Scepters...
    Interesting, every one of my Scepter MWC's had an o-ring when new where as not a single LCI can did. Sure enough under pressure they weep a bit from the vent. How old are those cans? A few of my MWC's have had the o-rings get brittle and crack, then subsequently fall off. MWC's might not have always shipped with them?
    Kurt Williams
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Your original outfitter for OME - ARB - AA - Safari - Helton - Engel - Since 1992
    Join us on Facebook
    ExpeditionUtah - A lifelong project of exploring Utah
    kurt@cruiseroutfitters.com

Quote Originally Posted by cruiseroutfit View Post
    This has been covered several times here on the forum but its worth mentioning again. The BuyLCI MWC's are not 100% identical to a Scepter MWC, particularly the lack of vent o-ring and what seems to be a bit different plastic molding. The molding differences are a non-issue, just an indicator that these are not 'rebadges' of the Scepter products, rather similar spec products. Add a 10 cent o-ring and they are up to snuff.
    Any pictures of how the O-rings are attached? I've had a collection of tan mil surplus water cans over the years and did not notice o-rings, but was not pointedly looking for them.
    Jim
    4x4 Tourist

Trip reports are on my Blog: "Sun To The North"

Two Favorite Expo Quotes: "A bad day on the trail is better than a good day in the city" & "Bad days make for GREAT stories!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast