LC Industries Water Can Pics

97tjguzzy

Explorer
58511_769643166888_12701760_42661496_3929752_n.jpg

got them in two separate shipments 3 days after placing my order sweet

Moody

Needs to get out more
Every Scepter MWC I own (even checked some new ones I have stashed) have an o-ring.

VanGo

Explorer
The o-ring placement is right underneath the vent cap- where the threads stop at the cap.

Albin

Adventurer
Lets make this a bit easier.

Scepter MWC = have/had o-rings on cap vent OE
LCI MWC = does no have o-ring on cap vent OE

Mine Sceptors don't.

Five MWCs bought from BQ in '04 and one surplus USA MWC (well used). None have any o-ring on any cap or vent anywhere on the can.

Bottom line: It doesn't matter since mine don't leak.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Mine Sceptors don't.

Five MWCs bought from BQ in '04 and one surplus USA MWC (well used). None have any o-ring on any cap or vent anywhere on the can.

Gotcha, hence why I put "have/had". My fleet of Scepter MWC's purchased between ~05 and ~09 do/did have o-rings on the vent caps. Some are starting to crack and fall off on the cans that see the most use, I've found they will weep a bit under pressure. Add the 5 cent o-ring back in and not a drop.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Thanks for posting the info on the LCI Water Cans guys! I just ordered 3! The size and dimensions were exactly what I was looking for! :sombrero:

irish_11

Explorer
I just picked up 3, my roommate picked up 3 and a friend got 2. Now we are stocked for a arches/moab/ouray trip this summer. Does anyone know if the sceptor lids fit these? I need a spare lid to build a pump lid for one of mine.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I just picked up 3, my roommate picked up 3 and a friend got 2. Now we are stocked for a arches/moab/ouray trip this summer. Does anyone know if the sceptor lids fit these? I need a spare lid to build a pump lid for one of mine.

Yes, the Scepter lids will interchange with the LCI & other MWC's. However its likely going to be much cheaper to order a spare camp from LCI than from Scepter.

kd4vbp

Ok, guys. Here is the dirt on the o-rings for the LC Industries Water Can. You need all three.
You can get them from http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=367_144
Make sure you get Buna-N FDA O-Rings which is what you need for potable water.
Here are the 3 sizes, you need one of each for one can....

9/16"ID X 11/16"OD X 1/16"CS (For Vent Cap)
014 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70014) $0.04 each

7/8"ID X 1 1/16"OD X 3/32"CS (For Pouring Cap)
118 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70118) $0.12 each

3 1/2"ID X 3 11/16"OD X 3/32"CS (For Large Filling Cap)
153 B70 FDA Black Buna-N 70 O-ring (FDAB70153) $0.54 each

I just ordered 13 complete sets for $14.10 with shipping.

No sense getting ripped off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke