LC Industries Water Can Pics

tremors834

Adventurer
After hearing about and reading this thread, I decided to order 3 of the LC Industries Scepter Style Military Water Cans or MWC's. They were $18 bucks each with free shipping over $50, ofcourse the minimum order is $50.
I do not have any Scepter MWC's to compare them nor have I put these to use as of yet. But here are some reference pictures, perhaps someone having a Scepter can see differences between these LCI ones and the Scepter ones.

4924329881_3c92e00de8.jpg

4924925172_337821c407.jpg

4924330199_71f57e773a.jpg

4924330615_8fff47eeac.jpg

4924925972_2447f3b345.jpg

Made by LCI mold stamp

4924947000_80af6a13bf.jpg

4924925674_098a3e1b4c.jpg

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Stand on the side of your MWC. The scepters can take the weight of me and much much more. Theres a pic of a rig driving over one somewhere around here.

-Sam

Caduceus

Adventurer
The 2 I have are stamped "Scepter" and Made in Canada (maybe a province on that too). It's towards the bottom of one of the big sides of the can.

As long as you have a few new cans, post if you find a good deal on mounting options! I've seen a few but nothing yet to my liking.

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
perhaps someone having a Scepter can see differences between these LCI ones and the Scepter ones.

Scepter on right LCI on the left. IIRC the LCI vent cap was not as leakproof as the Scepters on one of 4.. a call to LCI had a new cap shipped out immediately which fixed my issue. Good customer service.

HPIM1512.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
This has been covered several times here on the forum but its worth mentioning again. The BuyLCI MWC's are not 100% identical to a Scepter MWC, particularly the lack of vent o-ring and what seems to be a bit different plastic molding. The molding differences are a non-issue, just an indicator that these are not 'rebadges' of the Scepter products, rather similar spec products. Add a 10 cent o-ring and they are up to snuff.
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=610200&postcount=14

crusader

Adventurer
The BuyLCI MWC's are not 100% identical to a Scepter MWC, particularly the lack of vent o-ring and what seems to be a bit different plastic molding. The molding differences are a non-issue, just an indicator that these are not 'rebadges' of the Scepter products, rather similar spec products. Add a 10 cent o-ring and they are up to snuff.

Hmm..I don't know about all this. My Scepter water cans are DEFINITELY Scepters. Maybe I'm lookig in the wrong places, but mine don't have a piece of rubber anywhere on them. Then again, they aren't marked "Property of the US Government" either. Perhaps the o-rings were part of the military specifications??:

4926515294_5a4f51b68b_z.jpg

4926515252_ee882d1627_z.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Hmm..I don't know about all this. My Scepter water cans are DEFINITELY Scepters...

Interesting, every one of my Scepter MWC's had an o-ring when new where as not a single LCI can did. Sure enough under pressure they weep a bit from the vent. How old are those cans? A few of my MWC's have had the o-rings get brittle and crack, then subsequently fall off. MWC's might not have always shipped with them?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
This has been covered several times here on the forum but its worth mentioning again. The BuyLCI MWC's are not 100% identical to a Scepter MWC, particularly the lack of vent o-ring and what seems to be a bit different plastic molding. The molding differences are a non-issue, just an indicator that these are not 'rebadges' of the Scepter products, rather similar spec products. Add a 10 cent o-ring and they are up to snuff.

Any pictures of how the O-rings are attached? I've had a collection of tan mil surplus water cans over the years and did not notice o-rings, but was not pointedly looking for them. :)

cruiseroutfit

Any pictures of how the O-rings are attached? I've had a collection of tan mil surplus water cans over the years and did not notice o-rings, but was not pointedly looking for them. :)

The simply slip rest around the threads of the vent screw so that when it is closed, the o-ring is providing the sealing between the main cap and vent cap.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
The simply slip rest around the threads of the vent screw so that when it is closed, the o-ring is providing the sealing between the main cap and vent cap.

Thanks! That is an easy mod to perform. I have all the brands of the tan military water cans including brand new ones that I bought through Brigade Quartermaster in both 10L and 20L sizes. I think those were Scepters but I'll check when I get home. I'll check them for O-rings as soon as I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles