3M extreme sealing tape 4412N

rusty_tlc

Explorer
The 3M factory rep stopped by yesterday. He had a sample of this stuff, it looked great.

Links;
3M products page

4412N flyer

I could see it used to seal home built trailers, campers, or storage boxes. It looks like it would also be great for dust sealing production built RV's.

When you see it first hand it's really cool, kind of like a cross between foam tape silicon caulking.

greg mgm

Explorer
Looks like good stuff.
Is this tape available in home improvement stores?

We used a variation of that tape at my work but it was only used and available to our industry (phone techs)

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Good post Dan! I could see needing this type of adhesive sooner or later for any type of project whether around the house or the vehicle.

rebar

Adventurer
Old thread I know..

How flexible is this tape? I was wondering if I could apply it over the rain gutter / drip edge of a 95 ford E350 van?

I'm grinding out the factory sealer in the gutter, resealing and filling the gutter level to shed water and repainting.. Wondering if this tape would be a good choice to cap all my new work from the bottom edge of the gutter and up? Can you pull/stretch it around the back roof corners?

Thanks!

ajmaudio

Adventurer
3m has a vat array of high performance tapes, in my experience a call to them will yield all the information and product recommendations you could ever want... great to work with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles