HVAC controls don't work after break in

adrenaline503

Explorer
My truck got broken into and the dash was ripped out, now my HVAC controls dont work. No fans, AC and defrost lights wont come on either. They also stole my FSM so Im a loss on whats going on. Are there any fuses that service that function? Also, what plugs so into the back of the controller? I have a few unidentified cables floating around in there. Can anyone help?

Hootowl

Observer
Sounds like your wiring got royally scrambled up. You mentioned the Field Service Manual and that is probably the best bet to sort things out. I haven't checked the price personally in a couple of years but I am pretty sure that the download price is still on the order of about $20 or so via the 24-hour download license.

Go to www.nissanusa.com then to the owners area. I think you have to register to get past the front door so to speak but eventually you'll stumble on the place wihere you can download Owners Manuals (free) and the FSM (fee). The 24-hour download license deal is a steal. Download FSMs for you trucks and cars to cover everything in your driveway! LOL! I know that there are bootleg FSMs floating around but this keeps your copy legal with respect to copyright plus you get the most up to date revision.

hattrik21

Adventurer
Why don't you just let your insurance people fix it? If it was a break in I would think you'd be covered.

adrenaline503

Explorer
I figured it out. They snapped off part of the plug so it didnt look like the socket. I got in there and it will be fine for now. Im probally not claiming it on insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA