Tacoma OEM Mud Flaps

sargeek

Adventurer
I destroyed a front mud flap on my 06 Tacoma. Looking for a good deal on OEM flaps or quality after market products.

Thanks

sargeek

Adventurer
Thanks for the help with the OEM parts.

I am also trying to find some with metal backing at the top, then a more flexible rubber. I also remember seeing one with an attachment point at the bottom for a cable/chain to keep them from getting backed over?

Thoughts?

RU55ELL

Explorer
I wouldn't worry about putting so much effort into using the stock flaps. You would be better off using something more flexible instead of trying to keep from tearing up the stockers. They really aren't good for anything other than keeping stuff from flying up on the highway.

User_Name

Adventurer
The mudflaps on the 2nd generation trucks are a joke, I can't even drive off a curb without them scraping and making all kinds of noise.
I guess the design team didn't notice the foot long TRD Off Road sticker the sales team decided to plaster on the rear fender :rolleyes:

hansonian

Observer
I sold my mud flaps a week after I got my Tacoma. I knew down here they would end up getting ripped off in the woods somewhere. You should keep a eye out over on tacomaworld.com for sale section, I've also seen some single ones on ebay for sale. I would try and find something a bit more flexible to replace them with.

ssmathis

Observer
When I had my 2007 Tacoma, I removed the stock ones and bought some flexible rubber ones from Pep Boys. I used the stock ones to trim the new ones to mount in the same holes since they were rectangular. I don't remember the brand but they were great and never had to worry about them breaking off.

Scott

sargeek

Adventurer
My thoughs exactly - they OEM ones are too stiff and do drag going over a curb. I still want to run a mud flap especially during the winter trying to keep the muck off the truck, and keep the sand/gravel from trashing the sides.

7wt

Expedition Leader
Anza Borrego took off my front drivers, I took off the rest. I don't miss them a bit and I haven't had any damage as a result of them not being there. The problem with the flaps is having to back up after pinching them in the rocks. It'll rip them right out and damage the fender liner. Best bet is just to keep them off unless lawdog says you gotta have them on.

WASURF63

Adventurer
I don't miss them a bit and I haven't had any damage as a result of them not being there. The problem with the flaps is having to back up after pinching them in the rocks. It'll rip them right out and damage the fender liner. Best bet is just to keep them off unless lawdog says you gotta have them on.

x2

RU55ELL

Explorer
I sold my mud flaps a week after I got my Tacoma. I knew down here they would end up getting ripped off in the woods somewhere. You should keep a eye out over on tacomaworld.com for sale section, I've also seen some single ones on ebay for sale. I would try and find something a bit more flexible to replace them with.

Yep. I took all of mine off right after I drove it in the driveway. You can get good money for them on TW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94