Rear bumper for F150

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I'm looking to put a new bumper on my 150, I would like to put my spare tire on it as well as a hi lift jack and shovel and axe. I looked on the internet and couldn't find anything.:smiley_drive:

angusdevil

Adventurer
Not sure of anything thats really made for trucks because of the whole tailgate thing. Instead of a bumper look into a Tire Gate.

http://www.tiregate.com

They sell the adapter to mount a hi-lift to it and with a U-bolts and various other hardware, you can mount a shovel and ax as well.

SuperCal

Adventurer
You could also try Aluminess Bumpers @ www.aluminess.com, they dont have a rear bumper listed on their site but i've emailed them about making one for my 2008 F-150 and they basically said no prob...

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
I have a Multi-Carrier from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories on my 73 FJ-40. I've had it for more than 10 years, and it's holding up great.

http://www.kenmtn.com/html/multi-carrier.asp

If you search online, you'll see mixed reviews about KMA. 02TahoeMD has a cool one on his Tahoe (http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13823). His thread includes some commentary on his experience dealing with them.

I have a Tahoe also, and if I ever decide to replace the rear bumper, I'll probably get another Multi-Carrier.

KLAKEBRONCO

Adventurer
I can only assume it's a late model F-150.

Otherwise a Bronco rear bumper may fit.

You likely won't be able to have one built from scratch as cheap as you think. I've got quite a bit of money in my Bronco bumper in materials and parts alone.

Steel for bumper, steel for tire carrier, carrier poly bumper, tire mount plate, tire swing out latch, Dana 44 spindle/hub, lights, receiver tube, D-rings, Steel for mounts/D-ring mounts etc, etc.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Aluminess built one for my buddy's '07 Dodge and it came out super. Shipping to Canada would be prohibitive though. There's got to be somebody up in your neck of the woods who can fabricate one. I'd love to go to 35's,but can't store the spare under my truck. The camper fills the other voids. Aluminess will do it,but I'd have to win the lottery.:elkgrin:

sniderexciderr

Observer
check out a to z fabrication, they have tire swing away builder kits that would help with fabrication if you chose to have one built. but you might have to adjust the lug pattern on the wheel mount (they make jeep stuff) thats what i was planning on doing.

btw can someone tell me the length of a stock 97-03 rear bumper mine is not here for me to measure but i do have access to a welding shop and would like to fab something up before i go back :ylsmoke:

sniderexciderr

Observer
p.s. also the width between the inside frame rails where the stock spare fits? seems like a good place to put air tanks. if some one knows it would really help me out a great deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior