1959 Dodge WM500 4x4 Power Giant 2 ton flatbed

dbreid

Adventurer
1959 Dodge Power Wagon W500 4x4

wm500_00.jpg

OK, so first of all, it might be a stretch to call this an Expedition Vehicle. It will clearly go... um.. most anywhere, and will carry whatever you want to there. So does that qualify? :)

I was thinking that a lot of you are very cool, out of the box people, and might either like to try something a bit different (put in a cummins, and you are bulletproof), and this isn't much different from a military rig. Or maybe you have a weird, cool old neighbor who needs a mega rad, zombie proof truck to tow his toys.

Here's the specifics, and tons of pictures at this link:

http://www.reid.org/~dreid/WM500/WM500.htm

As you can see, this truck is MAN sized. :)

wm500_03.jpg

Currently powered by a 413V8 from an LCF, but there is room for... um... any motor you could want.

Drop me a line if you are interested.

Dan

Wander

Expedition Leader
I like the roof mounted spot lights-perfect for searching out those rouge zombies!

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Fifty years ago it would have been called an expedition vehicle. It's a nice ride. Too bad I have way too many projects already.

dbreid

Adventurer
Fifty years ago it would have been called an expedition vehicle. It's a nice ride. Too bad I have way too many projects already.

Amazing how the old stuff lasts. I wish they still made things like this. If they did, Detroit would be in better shape. This thing is colossal, and believe it or not, starts on the first or second crank every time... no choke.

I'd love to drive it to work a few days in a row, just for kicks. :)

jcbrandon

Explorer
Yow! How often do you find a vintage overland platform that's already got a hole cut in the fender for a snorkle?

dbreid

Adventurer
Yow! How often do you find a vintage overland platform that's already got a hole cut in the fender for a snorkle?

Not often enough. :) If you click that link and scroll down, there is a link to what that truck looked like in its first life (fire truck), so you can see where the exhaust hole came from.

-Dan

dshock

Dan, list it in the photo classifieds at dodgepowerwagon.com (forums).

Joe runs the site and he is a fantastic guy and moves a lot of trucks through his classifieds.

Dan

dshock

And, just in case you are interested, I reproduced the WARN style lockout hubs for that truck and I have one set left! (powerwagonlocker.com).

Thanks,
Dan

dbreid

Adventurer
Dan, list it in the photo classifieds at dodgepowerwagon.com (forums).

Joe runs the site and he is a fantastic guy and moves a lot of trucks through his classifieds.

I made a post on that site, and it is a good group of guys. Glenn (my uncle) was quite an active participant on those forums for years. Lots of good folks there. I even went to a power wagon rally with the WM300 in Hollister once. PW's tend to draw a pretty good set of people!

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles