Kamp Rite Collapsible Tent Cot

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
Your website indicates that a "fitted waterproof cover" is for outside the US only. Is that different than the rainfly?

I apologize for the confusion. It does infact come with a rainfly.

I don't know why that verbage is in there.

Here is a list of the contents:
The COLLAPSIBLE COMBO TENTCOT is as comfortable being used as a TentCot as it is a Cot only or a Tent.
Within seconds, the shelter component of the COLLAPSIBLE COMBO TENTCOT can be unzipped from the Cot and separated. The package comes complete with the required accessories for all functions. Ground Pegs, Rain Fly and Carry Bag.

Also from the site.

Jacque

Ludedude

Adventurer
Yep, I saw both the "with" and "without" verbiage on the same page, hence my confusion :)

Do the collapsible models come only one size?

S

Squatchout

When seperated does the tent part still have a floor? I've thought that if it does I might make a small plywood platform for my M416 trailer to attach the tent part to. This way I've got a micro Trailer top tent. I'd make the platform so it was just big enough for the tent footprint. Also make it so I could easily mount it long wise on one side or crosswise on the trailer. Add a self inflating pad. Good to go in a moments notice. I could probably also mount it to the roof rack on my truck if I wanted on occasion.

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
When seperated does the tent part still have a floor? I've thought that if it does I might make a small plywood platform for my M416 trailer to attach the tent part to. This way I've got a micro Trailer top tent. I'd make the platform so it was just big enough for the tent footprint. Also make it so I could easily mount it long wise on one side or crosswise on the trailer. Add a self inflating pad. Good to go in a moments notice. I could probably also mount it to the roof rack on my truck if I wanted on occasion.

Yes the tent can be used as a stand alone unit. It does have a floor.

tacolex

Observer
I've got the cabellas double wide tent cot. It doesn't have the nice dome like the newer kamp-rite tents for head clearance. Also there is a bar in the middle of the cot so it's actually like two small ones which kind of sucks. But I guess it beats sleeping on the ground :p

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
I've got a double. I have been pretty happy with it. Obviously it's no roof tent and that bar drives me nuts but its good for the price and is pretty tough. I lost mine at 75 on the highway and even though a plastic clamp broke the tent was fine

BADDANDY

Adventurer
I just bought bought my XL this week. It has the old style full width bars for legs, full end windows and the side doors. Got it on sale for $120. I'm 6' 0" and I have almost 2 feet of room at the end. This one weighs 1/2 of the weight of the Cabelas double that I was looking at. But at 3 times the price, the center bar, no dome, and too wide to fit in the JK, the XL will do nicely.

451323988_950.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94